Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Day 1 on Concerta

Day 1 on Concerta2012-05-09T11:42:10+00:00

The Forums Forums Medication Concerta Day 1 on Concerta

Free medication video
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Tiddler

It’s been about 2 hours since I took my first pill – my first (prescribed) medication experience for ADHD. (I’m 40.)

So far, I feel relaxed and happy. I don’t feel euphoric or unnatural in my good mood. I just feel really, really glad that I’m finally getting help, so at this point I couldn’t say it has anything to do with the drug. Certainly the calm is a welcome change.

I don’t have an urge to run around tidying up! Then again, I did remember to put my plate in the dishwasher after lunch…

Too early to tell, but so far I feel very good about my life – hopeful – and that’ll do for now!

REPORT ABUSE

Tiddler

Also, I’ve checked my mails, posted here, had a quick look on facebook and apparently that’s enough!?!

I’m off to do something…

Well, that’s new…

Sees ya later!

REPORT ABUSE

Tiddler

Having a ‘treat’ for organising one of the bookcases. Did it all, had several ‘piles’ at the end (as usual) then busied about and realised all the piles had gone.

That’s brand new.

However, I have misplaced a book that doesn’t belong to me but instead of panicking and pulling everything back out again I’m relaxed and I will double check the recycling and charity bags before they leave the house.

I am neither sluggish nor hyper. This is the middle ground that I knew existed but could never find.

I’m neither Tigger nor Eyore. I’m Pooh!

REPORT ABUSE

Tiddler

I’m knackered and I want to sleep.

Very usual for this time of day.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Congratulations Tiddler! On starting Concerta and on having a lovely organized bookcase!

REPORT ABUSE

Tiddler

Thank yooooo!

I had a brief dip, played the piano and feel good again. Already planned dinner!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Good for you Tiddler. Sounds like it’s working very well. It’s so nice to accomplish things (without the angst) and feel good about yourself :-)

REPORT ABUSE

Tiddler

Thanks, Red Squirrel!

Had a great evening. I feel like I’ve been living in a downpour and someone put the windscreen wipers on.

REPORT ABUSE

Scattybird
    Participant

Yoh girl – great news!!!

REPORT ABUSE

Tiddler

Thanks! It’s awesome isn’t it!

Okay, I’m finishing the journal for today.

It’s been 9 hours since I took the concerta and here’s how I think today has gone:

I didn’t feel any different, especially for the first couple of hours. However, as the day wore on, I became aware that I was noticing all sorts of little things that I just haven’t been aware of before, like that the skirting board needed to be cleaned but also more aware of my feelings.

I have had a quite busy day but I wasn’t frantic like I am usually when I’m trying to be productive. I just thought, ‘Oh that needs to be done’ and then I was doing it. I cleaned the living-room window for crying out loud!

I had a couple of dips when i felt tired and I would normally crash out but I just did something relaxing instead – played the piano and took a walk with the dog.

I made myself a drink and didn’t touch it. But I remembered that I didn’t drink it. I lost a book but found it again. Pretty good going I think!

I think it’s worn off now. I’m tired but relaxed, rather than exhausted. The best bit was being able to focus on what I was doing with the kids. I’ve had a really nice evening.

If my mood continues to improve the way it has been recently, I should be able to go back to work soon!

REPORT ABUSE

JimC.
    Participant

Well that’s a lot better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick!

I’m happy for you that you seem to be having the subtle changes that happened to me…it makes life manageable as opposed to frenetic and anxious. Enjoyment goes up and life balances more and focus, well, focuses. Regardless, enjoy the ride. Glad you persevered! Cheers, Jim

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Tiddler,

I have been on Concerta for a bit over 3 weeks now- the first week was really awe-inspiring, the following days were kind of a mixed bag…

I have been blogging about my experience on gardenerofstars.blogspot.com, in case you are interested.

Good luck on your journey!

Rebecca

REPORT ABUSE

Tiddler

That’s a great blog, Gardenerofstars. I’d never heard of a ‘head injury surcharge’ and I’ve got to say, not fun at the giving end but a GREAT idea in my opinion!

Thanks too, Jim. I really appreciate all the support I’ve had on here while I’ve been trying to get to this stage.

REPORT ABUSE

ashockley55
    Participant

Wooooooo HOO, Tiddler! This is AWESOME to see!!! So glad for you. :-)

REPORT ABUSE

Tiddler

Thank you!!!

How are you doing on yours?

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)