Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Day 10

Day 102011-02-20T18:00:06+00:00

The Forums Forums Medication Day 10

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Carrie

Today is day 10 on meds. Dexedrine 5mg BID. Which some of you may disagree but for the last 3 days I have been taking 10mg BID. I found on 5mg (for a week), nothing was different. I was a bit calmer, maybe rated a 2 instead of 1, out of 10 (10 being best, 1 being worst). The 10mg still has made no difference. I only know when it kicks in because of my sudden lack of appetite and interest in food. I know when it wears off because I get a little rush of fatigue and a mild headache that lasts maybe 10mins. My doctor was already going to up me to 10mg.

I havent taken the meds yet today but im finding everything now to be so loud! My kids playing didnt bother me and now I can hear every single sound and its driving me up the wall! I cant listen to my music as loud as I used to before meds, and ugh! This is only occurring when im not on meds (like now). Im finding it very hard to think, since I cant hear myself over the smallest of sounds (the fridge even!).

I have a doctors appointment tomorrow to talk about the medication dose and maybe even changing the medication. Im suppose to start Ritalin after 10mg of Dexedrine, given there are no bad reactions and there have been none.

Any of you experience this once off meds? Maybe they do work and now when not on them things are as hectic as they were before I even started meds but now notice it?

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Carrie, I replied on your 1st day post, as I just started today. Sounds like a bit of a journey for you. I’ve only had one dose of 10mg methylphenidate (Ritalin)so far so I don’t have much experience, but I did find it hopeful. I was a little more focussed and energetic. Got quite a bit done and found a bunch of things I’d been looking for. Made supper and did dishes, which doesn’t happen often (not much of a cleaner) and have my hopes up about what to expect with it tomorrow at work. Keep me up to date on what’s happening and I’ll try to do the same.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)