Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Day 6

Day 62011-04-13T00:31:37+00:00

The Forums Forums Medication Concerta Day 6

Free medication video
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

So I am just about on day seven at 18mg once a day. It really seems like it wears off after about 4 hours. Today it seemed like it never really was effective. No real motivation for things and a little tired. I want to read more on the forums, but does this seem to be a pretty common thing? I sleep just fine and the first 3 days I began the medication I felt great, I could concentrate and really pay attention. My doctor told me that we may need to increase the dose but I don’t see her for another 8 days. Does anyone have any tips or suggestions? I am going to wait for my doctor to see what she says but its a little frustrating when I had 3 awesome days and now, not so much.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

mle464:

What medicine are you taking?

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Concerta! Sorry I figured since I posted in the Concerta forum, but will be more specific next time! :)

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Try taking it with protein (Eggs, cheese, milk, turkey sausage, piece of chicken) I was told to take Adderall with protein. Helps it to last longer. Worked for me but also drink water throughout the day. Let me know how it works.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Topping up with short acting methylphenidate in the morning (Concerta is a 22% delivery in the first three hours) or when it wears off is a substitute to increasing the dose. For example, if 18 mg is effective but doesn’t last long enough, extending the med can occur either by increasing the dose or top ups. Course, top up’s defeats the purpose of once day medication though it does give a lot more control over how you dose.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)