Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Dealing with Change

Dealing with Change2010-12-23T03:41:12+00:00

The Forums Forums Emotional Journey I'm Scared Dealing with Change

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

laddybug3

This is the first year I have been out of school. I graduated in July 2010 and the thing I feared most has come true. My routine has changed making my life into a consent battle with inner anxiety. My mom is noticing though and she is pointing it out. All I want to do is go to class or something. I got a membership at the local gym, which has been helping, applying for jobs, and I did have one interview. It is now that I want to curl up and do something of my old routine.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Change is scary when it is imposed on you rather than you yourself being the agent of it. I so understand. It’s not all adhd. the lousy economy is hurting us all. don’t lose hope. keep plugging away.

REPORT ABUSE

billd

I was 22 months out of work………. that was between 02 and 04

You may have to take a “lesser position” for a while, not exactly what you want, but today, having any job is good for the resume.

Interviews – get help on those, it can be a deal breaker.

And remember, the resume is the first thing they know about you – it had better get their attention and be really good, otherwise they will never get the chance to know you through interview.

Hang in there – one thing I try to keep in mind – no matter how bad the day is, there’s always a whole lotta folks in worse shape.

Keeping that in mind, we help the local food banks a lot!

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)