Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Dexedrine Inquiry

Dexedrine Inquiry2011-04-15T01:09:45+00:00

The Forums Forums Medication Dexedrine Dexedrine Inquiry

Free medication video
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

The first ADD drug I took was Ritalin, and I got no response even at 30mg. The next drug I tried was Dexedrine. Started at 20 mg, no Response so I went to 30 mg. It finally kicked in. Great response. I felt calm and alert. Took one dose about 10:AM, but was still feeling good at 11:00 PM. I thought this was strange as I was told that the effect was only supposed to last about 5 to 6 hours. Anyway took seroquel around midnight, and couldn’t fall asleep. I take seroquel regularly for insomnia. Skipped a couple of days, and tried it again. Did this a few more times. Same result. I talked to my pharmacist, and was told that a fast release Dexedrine might work better for me. Going to see my doctor about this on Tuesday. In the meantime would like to know if anyone else has had this type of reaction or am I the only odd ball? Any other advice or ideas would be much appreciated.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Are you taking Dexedrine or Dexedrine Spansules? The Spansules are in capsules while the Dex is a little triangle shaped pill.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I would have replied sooner. Wasn’t keeping tabs on this website. After a couple of days didn’t think I would get a reply.

I was taking the Dexedrine capsule. Seen my doctor, but he discouraged me. I suffer from insomnia, and he feels experimenting with these drugs could make things worse. He didn’t give me an outright no, and at the same time I didn’t push it.

It is interesting to note that most people who have ADHD also have insomnia. It seems that one goes in hand with the other. I don’t have a problem with run away thoughts, I am usually quite calm, just can’t sleep, but if I go too many days without sleep I go bonkers. I take seroquel for 5 nights, and on the 6th night I take a break, I don’t take anything, of course I don’t get any sleep that night. If I don’t do this the seroquel seems to lose its effect.

I would very much like to take something. Dexedrine was a good experience, felt really good. Any advice, opinions or ideas would be much appreciated, especially on how to approach my doctor on this matter.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

You might want to reduce the dose of the Dex Spansules and use a top up strategy with short acting Dexedrine where indicted. You could also go with Adderall XR or Vyvanse which are the once a day long acting equivalents.

Always speak to your doctor before making any changes to medications. Dr. Jain provides advice generically and not for any one person. Advice does not constitute a therapeutic relationship or promise of care. Please consult the privacy policy for more information.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)