Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Dissolving Vyvanse in water

Dissolving Vyvanse in water2012-12-11T15:51:07+00:00

The Forums Forums Medication Vyvanse Dissolving Vyvanse in water

Free medication video
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello,

I recently got put on Vyvanse 30mg by my doctor. I am also taking Zoloft and Wellbrutrin 300mg. I have read a few people saying that a meal in the morning with vyvanse helps it travel through the digestive track, allowing it to be consumed more efficiently, as opposed to staying in the stomach. My question is, would dissolving the contents in water have the same effect or at all change its duration/intensity. I know that breakfast is an important meal but many days i do not eat until a few hours after I take my dose so I thought the water might work. ( I also checked my medication guide and it said that it is ok to dissolve it in water and drink it all at once.

REPORT ABUSE

Patte Rosebank
    Participant

If it is recommended that you take the med with food, take it with food. This could be because the med could irritate your stomach and the food protects it, or it could be that the food gets your digestive system moving, and that movement is necessary to get it to properly digest the med.

It’s never a good idea to skip breakfast, because you make up for it by eating too much, the rest of the day. Also, by not eating it, you don’t give your body the cue that it’s time to wake up and get going.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)