Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Dizziness, Racing Heart on Vyvanse?

Dizziness, Racing Heart on Vyvanse?2012-11-13T20:38:38+00:00

The Forums Forums What is it? ADHD/ADD in Adults Dizziness, Racing Heart on Vyvanse?

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

bigbeliever

I have been on it for about 6 weeks and am taking the 70mg dose. I love it – it has made me focus, organize, get things done. I am never late on my administrative stuff for work. I can actually have a conversation with a friend and really be LISTENING. My house and car have never been so clean!! Even my “junk” drawer is organized! The only side effect I had initially were dry mouth and lack of appetite (until dinner time). Then I started feeling a racing heart and increased BP in the morning when I was running around, trying to get myself and my kids ready for school/work. I don’t know if it’s from the med or from the wrong dose or just the general craziness in the morning. And then today, I felt extremely dizzy, to the point where I had to balance myself on the wall when I was walking down a hallway. Is this from the med? And why would this side effect show up so late? I didn’t do anything different this morning. I’m taking Wellbutrin XL 300mg too.

So my question is, do you think I’m on the wrong dose? Should I go down to 60mg? Or maybe I should just eat more?

REPORT ABUSE

Wgreen
    Participant

That’s a question for your doctor. Call him/her!

REPORT ABUSE

bigbeliever

OK thanks. I was just wondering if anyone else got the dizziness.

REPORT ABUSE

ipsofacto

Definitely talk to your doctor. The dose may be too high, and I think some drs start people on higher doses, rather than working up to a the therapeutic dose.

Some form of relaxation response exercises/therapy can help with the blood pressure. Despite doing RR exercises, I had problems with BP, and after a few months of taking Adderall. It now appears that I was magnesium deficient. Several weeks of Mg supplements and vitamins (esp B6) have taken care of the problem. People with ADHD are Mg deficient as a baseline. Stimulants, diuretics, and some other drugs can make this worse.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)