Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Dizzy/lightheadedness esp. while working out

Dizzy/lightheadedness esp. while working out2012-08-18T07:57:05+00:00

The Forums Forums Medication Concerta Dizzy/lightheadedness esp. while working out

Free medication video
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

pancakes

I couldn’t find any related topics like this, but if they exist, do not hesitate to share.

I take 36 mg daily and often experience dizziness and/or lightheadedness. I make sure that I have eaten well prior to the activity, and stay hydrated and nourished during, yet this side effect is worst immediately after doing a weightlifting exercise.

I fear that I will faint one day as a result.

Any insight?

REPORT ABUSE

Scattybird
    Participant

What med do you take? Guessing from the tags it’s Concerta. Could the dose be a little high?

REPORT ABUSE

Wgreen
    Participant

Dizziness could be caused by a number of things, some serious. You should have it checked out by a doctor.

REPORT ABUSE

pancakes

Scattybird, yes it is Concerta.

And Wgreen, I definitely will let my doctor know.

To clarify to the forum, I should note that I did not experience this before I started taking the medication.

REPORT ABUSE

Scattybird
    Participant

Hi – Wgreen is right – you should check it out with your doctor.

However, I have noticed from personal experience with my short-acting methylphenidate that if I take a dose that is a bit high (and in particular it happens if I’m tired) then I can feel light headed.

Make sure your blood pressure is OK and maintain your blood sugar levels. But do get it checked out. Let us know how you get on.

REPORT ABUSE

ipsofacto

Something to consider is that stimulants increase anxiety, and our bodies reaction can be to go into the flight or fight response to some degree. Part of the flight or fight response is to change the way we breath. This can make you feel breathless and is not very efficient. Do a search on proper breathing to see what you should be feeling.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)