Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Do adult ADD'ers usually wear their dinners?

Do adult ADD'ers usually wear their dinners?2015-07-23T17:28:40+00:00

The Forums Forums Ask The Community Do adult ADD'ers usually wear their dinners?

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

wiredonjava
    Participant

Just curious, can anyone relate to the frequent frustration of wearing their dinners, like all over their bodies and then wondering how the heck did this happen? Mostly I laugh this off and feel like a silly toddler but today I am shaking my head at the extent of damage occurred. How could one burger cause ketchup in my hair, mustard on my shirt, sliced onions in my bra, streams of mayo down my pants etc? As I look around at my kids who ate the same dinner and still appear clean, I have to ask myself why did this happen again and will I ever grow out of it? I’m 46!

REPORT ABUSE

lindsey3

I don’t think you will grow out of it! For me when I am eating at home and feel relaxed, I spill food down me all the time – unthinking eating! But when I go out with friends to eat, I deliberately eat more slowly and carefully so that this doesn’t happen. Left to myself I shove food into my mouth while reading a book, TV on, internet on and often music too – more ‘dinner medals’! And I’m 54.

REPORT ABUSE

wiredonjava
    Participant

Thanks Lindsey! Now I don’t feel so bad (misery does loves company -hehe) I couldn’t believe it last week after I ate a Shawarma, I actually needed a shower! (not a good food choice if on a first date)

REPORT ABUSE

lindsey3

Spaghetti – never eat this on a first date either! Always a nightmare.. x x

REPORT ABUSE

tbellefleur

So true!!! I have white t-shirts…. But I only use them for sleeping. When I go somewhere, my clothes are not too pale, not too loose and of course have no hanging thingies.  I watch what I order in a restaurant and I always ask for more napkins before everything else. Unfortunatly, I usually end up wiping my face with the dirty side of the napkin or tripping over an imaginary huge obstacle in the alley and making someone else wear my meal.

REPORT ABUSE

shutterbug55
    Participant

Short answer: Yes.

Long answer: Since we are largely inattentive or paying attention to the wrong things, when we do anything, things get messy. Couple that with the speed at which we do things and its no wonder ketchup is all you have in your hair.

I found a slice of pickle in my pants as I was getting undressed for bed. I am pretty sure I didn’t eat a hamburger that day…

REPORT ABUSE

briankmowery

I have always been criticized for being the messiest eater in any situation. Even more so than the family dog. Meh. I’m okay with it. But it means I can’t own white clothing of any kind.

REPORT ABUSE

maomao

snicker. i have absolutely no idea whereof you speak. i love black. technically, it’s not my best color. neither is white, but i wouldn’t wear it much anyway, because it shows everything! my shirt/top and pants are most vulnerable, but sleeves, even shoes and lower part of my hair, depending on its current length, are not completely safe.

i also have essential tremors, a global dystonia that affects my head, i have tics so sometimes i have little jerking movements, both upper limbs, and occasionally my lower limbs. it really affects my whole body. the point is, i have times when it’s hard to keep my salad on my fork or my soup in my spoon. yep, this makes for an inconvenient double whammy!

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)