Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Do side effects subside overtime?

Do side effects subside overtime?2011-09-06T18:31:01+00:00

The Forums Forums Medication Side Effects General Do side effects subside overtime?

Free medication video
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey everyone,

I would appreciate some feedback on peoples experiences with ADD drugs, in particular Adderall XR and Ritalin. For the last 4 years of university I’ve been taking medication inconsistently whenever I know I’ll be studying for long periods of time, so when I take it I usually experience the side effects in full force. I’ve coped with the side effects and they haven’t been a big deal. However, I would like to be as productive as I am when I’m studying all the time but I when I’m on medication I have little interest in talking to anyone and I get more anxiety than normal. I’d like to be a functional human being in my daily life outside of the library but that’s not possible on medication.

I was just wondering if anyone has experienced a reduction in the intensity of side effects if you take them on a daily basis. Or if there are any mental exercises which have helped you to combat side effects such as anxiety and a general distaste for people.

Thanks!!

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)