Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Doc appointment tomorrow.

Doc appointment tomorrow.2012-09-13T01:00:07+00:00

The Forums Forums I Just Found Out! The Right Doctor Doc appointment tomorrow.

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

distractedmomma

My long awaited doctor’s appointment is tomorrow. Getting a bit nervous…. but anxious to try meds to see if they help in any way.

REPORT ABUSE

Misswho23

Good luck and just remember it takes some time to figure this all out. SO go easy on yourself.

REPORT ABUSE

distractedmomma

Ok, so I had my appointment and I just took my first 40mg pill of the generic form of Strattera less than 2 hours ago. As soon as I took it, I found myself looking up info about it on the forum. Don’t like what im reading. Not many positive outcomes. I just hope that maybe those who benefited are too busy catching up on all the projects theyve been meaning to finish to let us know how well they are doing ;)

It may only be my imagination,but Im feeling extremely tired right now and slightly nauseous (Im not worried about the nausea, I could use a bit of weightloss). Im probably feeling tired because of lack of proper sleep, therefore...so far this might actually work to my benefit. I just hope I dont have the sexual side effects. That`s a deal breaker ;)

REPORT ABUSE

Misswho23

I’m on Adderall so I different med but give yourself some time. I was so excited to get on meds that when I first took them I expected some great elaborate thing to happen. I did this while at work on a tight deadline. Not the smartest choice. LoL

Just remember everyone responds differently. And it took me a while to adjust. I’m still wondering for myself if Straterra may work better since this was one of the choices offered. I may try it at the end of this month. I also noticed the adderall made me more aware of how tired I was. at first I thought it may have been a side effect.

So just be patient. Hard as that is sometimes. My suggestion would be to track what happens and see what you notice as far as getting focus and things accomplished. For a while I didn’t really know if the adderall was doing anything. Then I stopped for a while and realized I was crossing more things off the to do list while on it. I also take generic Citalapram as well.

REPORT ABUSE

distractedmomma

Even though the effects shouldn’t be this quick, I think I finally know what if feels like to let my mind go blank. I was lying down while trying to get my sons to bed and I noticed my mind wasn’t racing. In fact I think I would have been able to actually meditate and keep my mind in focus!! I could never do this ever!!! Two hours later, I woke up and felt rested. This rarely happens to me!

I will just have to remember not to take my meds to soon in the evening if I feel this groggy when I take them. Hubby was a little upset that I was too tired to cut his hair tonight :(

Here’s hoping that I was up tomorrow feeling super refreshed :)

REPORT ABUSE

distractedmomma

Wow, that felt like the worst night of sleep ever! So much waking up, tossing and turning… Oddly, I feel well rested for once. Go figure. Forgot to put the milk away after pouring it, but I noticed within 5 minutes (instead of 30). Coincidence? maybe.

REPORT ABUSE

distractedmomma

Still not sleeping well, lots of tossing and turning. So this morning I switched to taking my meds first thing in the morning. I’m pretty much feeling almost every side effect they mention, but it’s not that bad. Hopefully the indesired effects will die down over time. I’m feeling the dry mouth, the tingling in my face and arms, a slight headache (but that could be due to not having the same amount of coffee as usual) and finally nausea.

My mind is defnitely not racing anymore though.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)