Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Doc says focalin xr not available above 30 mg

Doc says focalin xr not available above 30 mg2014-04-05T07:41:50+00:00

The Forums Forums Ask The Community Doc says focalin xr not available above 30 mg

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

jensters1205
    Participant

I switched from generic Ritalin to focalin xr when my insurance made it available. I like that the side effects are minimal and generally I am focused, but I feel the med tapers off sooner than I need it to. I work 10-12 hour days and I tried taking meds just before I walk about the door, still end of day is scattered. My dr. Said focalin xr isn’t available above 30 mg…my research shows that’s not the case.

Am I wrong? Is 30 mg focalin xr the highest available? If not, is there a reason he may not want to increase the dosage? Is he just misinformed? Help

REPORT ABUSE

Patte Rosebank
    Participant

@Jensters1205, talk to your pharmacist. Often, pharmacists are more up-to-date on medications than doctors are.

REPORT ABUSE

blackdog

@jensters1205

The maximum dose currently approved by the FDA seems to be 40 mg, according to their website. Your doctor may be going by out of date information. Or he’s the overly cautious type. Is there a reason he would be concerned about prescribing a higher dose, such as high blood pressure or heart problems?

Your pharmacist is your best bet for current and accurate information.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)