Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Does a hangover lessen your symptoms?

Does a hangover lessen your symptoms?2015-01-31T15:34:51+00:00

The Forums Forums Ask The Community Does a hangover lessen your symptoms?

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

xoallonsy

I’m still waiting to see a doctor to figure out what’s going on with me but ADD or whatever I have, my thoughts go a mile a minute and I can’t focus on one thing at a time, or at least not a long time. But on the rare occasion that I drink enough to be hungover the next morning, the world seems to be in a state of quiet bliss. I can actually just sit down and watch tv or read a book and it holds my attention. It’s like the hangover slows down my brain to normal levels and I don’t need so much constant stimulation to keep myself occupied, I just feel content with life. Has anyone else experienced this?

REPORT ABUSE

Scattybird
    Participant

Interesting ….. My brain slows if I am tired and I get more done as a result. I haven’t experienced that with a hangover though, just nausea. Now it is possible of course that the nausea is the result of concentrating and not of the actual hangover…….I feel an experiment coming on……. 🙂

REPORT ABUSE

blackdog

@xoallonsy

I can’t say I have experienced that effect from a hangover, but I get what you’re saying. Like Scattybird, I am sometimes more efficient when I am tired. It also happens when I’m sick. The lack of energy makes it impossible for any non-essential systems to function, so everything is shut down except for “life support”, the basics that you need to get through the day.

Then there are days like today when my energy reserves are so depleted that I can barely manage to do anything except sit like bump on a log and watch life go by.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)