Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Dr. J…..You da MAN!

Dr. J…..You da MAN!2010-12-04T07:28:41+00:00

The Forums Forums Ask The Community Dr. J…..You da MAN!

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

I know you have support all around you to help us, but still your time is valuable and I just wanted to thank you and your support staff for all your efforts.

Back me up you-all. You can’t spoil someone for showing to much gratitude…:)

REPORT ABUSE

Saffron

Now if we could just figure out how to clone him…

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks. I do appreciate it.

But this site is really about people helping people. And everyone who participates are the real heros.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hear! Hear!

BTW, I enjoyed your talk with the TO Meetup Group. As an ADHD teacher, I have always really, really tried to give accomodations for my ‘wee wonders’! Even still, it’s very difficult for most of them to manage (for that matter, even for me to assist them). I’d love to say that they are the neediest in the classroom but some of the other ones we deal with always seem to trump the ADDers.

Autism and ones with severe physical disabilites seem to ‘scream’ louder. Wouldn’t it be great if a teaching assisant was always available to help out? Unfortunately, budgets and playing the system is the order of the day which leaves me sometimes feeling that someone is missing out on what they should be getting from me.

The good thing? I’m not giving up….yet! At the end of some days I want to just bang my head against the wall in frustration but that never made things better. What did work? Just going back in after taking a deep breath and enjoying the ride! On the really good days there is nothing better than working with the ‘Ryans and Devontes’. In fact, on those days I even toy with going back to SpecEd in the contained behaviour classes. (Mind you, at that point I usually douse myself with a glass of cold water!!)

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Your right ajkengineer

We don`t mind complaining about the bad ones but need to focus( HA HA) on telling the good ones thank you!

REPORT ABUSE

billd

Love it – a doctor who still makes house calls. Like I said in another post – kudos to ALL involved, but a doctor who helps so freely and obviously cares so much is going above and beyond the typical “care”.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Dr. J

As I have just started on this forum. I feel totally overwellmed by the numerous questions I want to ask

I have lived with OCD and ADHD all my life.

I have spent more then half my life with the diagnoses and treatment of these disorders

I have overcome a great many hurdles. I am not stupid, I am not a joke. Yet here I am

I have chased education and knowledge in academia to try and prove my self worth to myself and others.

I know this is not a logical why to think or persue equilibrium. I got a good grip on reality and a very analytical mind when it comes to problem solving.

My biggest problem now is wasted potential

employment for an educated 37 year old man is not easy and 15 years of school for a 1st degree does not appeal to most employers either

But I don’t give up

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

ajkengineer Thanks for starting this post. I also want to offer my thanks and a round of applause to Dr J *takes hands off keyboard to clap hands together several times*.

What I find incredible about Dr J and professionals like him is that they get up, brush their teeth, get ready and go to work, and the result of their endeavors end up helping and guiding the lives of others… like us! Incredible. I find that pretty amazing. I’m still in a state of awe at TotallyADD.com. Amidst the smoke and mirrors of the world wide web, this site is a portal of clarity.

I’ve lived with the knowledge that I have ADD for 20 years and what I’ve found is that – although ADD/ADHD is a tricky, and not an exacting science – it’s extremely encouraging and inspiring to know that there are people out there like Dr J who are spending their working days and doing their best to make it a little more exacting. And if not more exacting, more enlightening, more holistic and more enjoyable. That deserves a round of applause.

Dr Jain, for all that you, I thank you.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)