Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Dr. Phil blew my mind this morning or What to do when your butt falls off!.

Dr. Phil blew my mind this morning or What to do when your butt falls off!.2013-01-11T19:49:31+00:00

The Forums Forums What is it? Hyperactivity/Restlessness/Impulsiveness Dr. Phil blew my mind this morning or What to do when your butt falls off!.

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Robbo

First of all… If you click on Forums > What is it > Hyperactivity/Restlessness/Impulsiveness  and then the title of this thread, you can find it again. Because I’ll bet if you have ADHD like I have ADHD, you’ll think of something fun to say about this thread, but won’t be able to find it. Here’s how. (re-read this paragraph a lil slower, or copy n past it and put “hint” on the file name)

Second thing, my original idea for a new thread: Describe ADHD in one short sentence, can it be done?, what’s the essence of ADD/ADHD. Seriously, can you define your ADHD in one attempted brief paragraph?. like, for new folks that come bee-bopping along in this forum looking for their butt because it fell off somewhere along their travels at the speed of freaking light and they can’t slow down because they’re traveling at the speed of light! for crying out loud~.

I’ve been a lil bit worried about manic depression, and other wild ideas about what might be wrong between my ears, our ears, the whole darn worlds ears lately. I found out just how extreme mental illness can be watching Dr Phil this morning. I really only liked Oprah in the realm of daytime talk shows. And Dr Phil too. Oprah gave him his big break. Good shows if ya ask me. Today he had some guests on there who were first and foremost human beings. Frail, and not all that well adjusted, thoroughly beaten, and bruised mentally and physically by this life, and trying without much luck to get along with the families and therapists in their lives. Truly tragic indeed.

I’m feeling less afraid about my own wellness. Heck I don’t even call what’s wrong with me “mental illness” now. Instead I’m feeling rather silly about making so very much out of my seemingly very dramatic problems. The truth is that I just experience life as VERY DRAMATIC, in fact a very helpful pastor, one of many in my life did a decent job of tearing me a new rear end earlier this week and in the process also ripped away a good portion of my problems. He said “His grace is sufficient”. For me that made a very big difference. I’m not here to pound my kind of spirituality down anyones eyes, so that’s all I have to say about that. Thanks. (I can always grow a new ass, or at least invent a new way ta sit)

///////////////////////////////// or //////////////////////

When your butt falls off. Find a new way to sit. But no matter what you do, don’t give up. There are plenty of ways to sit. Trust me I  know. I do a heck of a lot of it. Heck, you could say that I’m a professional sitter. I used to manage a pizza place when I was much younger and much much more arrogant and egotistical. That’s when I started to learn about sitting. Accept that was babysitting. Mainly teenagers who wanted to work in a pizza place because it seem like a fun idea. Welp, working for an undiagnosed ADDer with some minor party animal problems, some OCD tendencies, and wildly enthusiastic about making the best pizza Santa Clara county ever ate. Let me tell ya. That was the easiest sitting I’ve ever done. I had to quit that job because the drug dealers at our bar kept giving me free drugs. Not Good!!!.

PS hey Jimi! will you get this page working pretty soon? http://totallyadd.com/the-year-is-at-its-end-and-i-felt-like-i-am-too/  I miss reading Ricks funny blogs. Thanks.

PPS don’t get mad at me because the text is large in this post, I write some of my posts in a mac word processor and I use large bold print. At least I selected the thing and un-clicked the lil bold clicker thing. Get grateful dip-shit!

REPORT ABUSE

Fabulous

Robbo at 500 miles an hour! LOL

And I accept the challenge, @Robbo. And I will see you one better and reduce my description to one word:

inconsistency.

Inconsistent affect, inconsistent attention, inconsistent motivation, inconsistent activity … In my mind, I seem to put that adjective at the start of every ADHD trait I have.

Of course, it’s an insufficient description but it may qualify as the most frequent descriptor at least?

REPORT ABUSE

Patte Rosebank
    Participant

My mom always used to tell me and my brother that if you stick your finger in your bellybutton, your bum will fall off.

We’ve tried.

Repeatedly.

It doesn’t work.

Mom lied.

REPORT ABUSE

Robbo

You guys crack me up. I used to have a boss that didn’t know just how sensitive I was. Or maybe he just didn’t care. But I was a crazy guy circling the drain that many heavy drinkers leave us behind at, and not well at all, just about this time of year too (many years ago). There was another cook/line chef who was not a very good cook, but managed to make me look as totally insane as I was at that time, very inconsistant… really bad. The boss would look at him and say “at least he’s consistent”, then look at me with a “hint hint” look on his face. So as selfish as my thinking was at that time I always thought  it was “all about me” and took it personal. In this case he really was looking at me, and trying to tell me about how I needed to mellow the heck out!. Yeah right, YOU TRY THAT PAL. People actually do try to help us out by very gently coaxing us to quit acting lak a fool. It’s necessary. That’s a form of love if ya ask me.

It’s cute when people call their butt a bum. 🙂 My big brother used to always have his finger in his belly button when we were young, he had a big bum back them too. hmmm, what a goofie dude huh?. I got a letter from our friend Allan from OZ, He’s goofie in a good way too, it’s really fun reading all the funny words he likes to use. I don’t know, and won’t talk about what people write to me. But it sounds like he’s doing well. I’m sure folks in this camp care.

I hope more of the folks that have populated our forum start coming back soon. Of course I still have that “it’s all about me” brain struggle, so I’ve been trying to mellow out my writing here the last couple days. Yeah right! YOU GUYS TRY THAT.

Was it this quiet about this time last year?. Or is it because of all the software changes here that we’re missing a very large portion of this community?. I almost feel sad about all the missing faces/personalities. Actually I do feel sad that so many folks are not around any more. I’m confident lot’s of folks will be flooding this web site soon enough. Very soon indeed.

The new software is most awesome and excellent.

Good job bosses!.

Rats!, my butt fell off again… BBL

REPORT ABUSE

Robbo

uuugkayh… wutz da next bet?

Whoosp, almost forgot. Yep, that’s a good enough description. Dat’s us… a lot.

REPORT ABUSE

Robbo

Dang, I should get out of the house some more.

REPORT ABUSE

Patte Rosebank
    Participant

@Robbo, all this talk about butts falling off reminds me of the Bloom County Christmas special, “A Wish For Wings That Work”.

Bill the Cat, Opus the Penguin, and Opus’ butt falling off…  What could be better?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Iv7VPhMZbg

REPORT ABUSE

Robbo

Thanks, that was fun to watch!  🙂

Trashman’s right, we need a like button. We’re busy Jimi!!. get on it pal.

REPORT ABUSE

Robbo

you got a P stuck to yer butt!

REPORT ABUSE

Robbo

Someone shut up that cat

REPORT ABUSE

Robbo

No don’t, never mind.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)