Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Effects of Ritalin

Effects of Ritalin2016-05-26T09:01:39+00:00

The Forums Forums What is it? ADHD/ADD in Adults Effects of Ritalin

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

tomgood

Hey guys,

I was wondering what the effects of Ritalin were on non-ADHD sufferers? I’m not asking *to* use the drug (I’m pretty straight down the line), but my girlfriend took it on the weekend to try and help her study, and she said all it did was calm her down and make her feel sleepy.

She does find it hard to concentrate normally, but now she’s wondering if she could possibly have ADHD, and she wants to talk to her GP about it?

REPORT ABUSE

aviez

Ritalin does help you focus better and in the case of students trying to cram in lots of information in little time, it may help you stay focused for longer periods of time.

The fact whether Ritalin helped her focus or not is in no way indicative of whether she has ADD or not, because Ritalin would improve the focus and concentration of just about anyone even if they do not have ADHD, it is nevertheless illegal to self medicate and one would be exposing themselves to many possible short and long term side effects by self medicating with stimulants.

Abraham Breuer

ADHD Family Coach

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)