Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Electronic Organizers / PDA's – Any Recommendations?

Electronic Organizers / PDA's – Any Recommendations?2011-11-27T15:13:06+00:00

The Forums Forums Tools, Techniques & Treatments Organizing & De-Cluttering Electronic Organizers / PDA's – Any Recommendations?

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello all,

I am a middle aged adult recently diagnosed w/ ADHD. I am looking for recommendations for inexpensive electronic organizers / PDAs under $30.00. I have a simple cell phone, budgetary constraints disallow a “smart phone” right now that might otherwise serve the same purpose. My little notebook helps, but I would like something that might organize appointments, to-dos better with audible alarms.

Thanks

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I also have a dumb phone. I use a variety of timers set to different alarms (one for wakeup, another for meds, another for any work interval where I need to be reminded to stop). I’m a timer geek, I guess. I also tend to get absorbed in a task and forget to stop to do something important like take my noon meds. I might be in the wrong room when the timer goes off so I like ones that are small and portable or loud enough to hear from where I’ve disappeared to.

I use online organizers – my current favourite is http://www.wunderlist.com – it’s free, you can set up reminders for a specific date and they will email you the day of to remind you (and keep reminding you daily). I’ve also used todoist.com but you have to use their paid service to get emails.

I don’t use google calendar, but my husband reports that you can set a date and time of day for reminders, so that’s useful, provided you’re at the computer and logged in and use gmail for your emails. I might check it out. I have loooooong to-do lists, so I often spend way too much time organizing and not enough time doing. It’s a trap for me.

Others have used rememberthemilk, but I didn’t like it myself, not ADD-user-friendly for this person.

I write lots of things on sticky notes (I have a second monitor on my desk that looks like my user photo), and I make lists every night and plan what’s really important to remember the next day. I have a number of whiteboards and calendars both at home and at work and I use them a lot (somtimes I even look at them).

I also put a sticky note on my bathroom mirror if I need to remember something the next morning.

I’m high tech in some ways, but very low tech in others. I don’t trust myself to be on the computer or have my cellphone turned on when I need to be reminded about something.

Not sure what can be bought these days for under $30. Check the sale bin at your local office supplies store!

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)