Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Excitement + Lack of Memory = Stranded on a desert Island

Excitement + Lack of Memory = Stranded on a desert Island2010-04-27T19:54:41+00:00

The Forums Forums Emotional Journey My Story Excitement + Lack of Memory = Stranded on a desert Island

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m 25 years Old… This Is my first entry… My thought process manifests itself in widgets like these followed bye 3 dots… probably my ADHD I dono… I’m an artist… I work with Kids WB… Jim Henson… and Cartoon Network… Anyways I’m really happy because I work from home… Don’t even need to go into the Office… All done through email…

I’m building my own website! YO! that was brutal sitting still that long to learn coding! YIKES! try it…

Anywho here’s my current ADHD frustration: I’m dating a girl in Toronto… I’m in Vancouver… and time zone change is 3 hours… I’ve got ALLOT ON MY PLATE… in fact I’m actually trying to save to attend the workshop in July… because I want to learn to be a provider! ya! me WHOA!

As all of you probably know already! stress and ADHD… bad combo… but hey what can you do right? we all need to learn and go through hardships… So back to the Website… I’ve put together allot of AWSOME ART! and its ballin I mean total achievement for me! http://www.matthewmwest.com (Cheap Plug) so I have a room mate that is a decent guy… but lately my Excitement has obviously stressed him out (lets call him Joe) so the other day I was uploading some really nice designs and I went over to show him but I knew that previously Joe showed some unwillingness to always walk from his office over to mine to see every thing I was doing!

So to save him… this time I emailed it to him… and walked to him thinking it would save him and he’d be willing to look at the art…

YA!!! NO! he blasted me with the worst comment… He said: “Go!… Not everything is on your time table Matt” Ouch! my retort… “well fine then don’t expect me to show you anything again!” His “I wont” Me…”you know what Joe… anytime you want me to see something… I do” Him… “I never want you to see anything” Me.. “WHAT EVER”

That Hurt! and the effects of that! -11 points my self esteem… CRIPES! Guys I hate it when you are excited about something and then you know you’ll forget it in two maybe 3 seconds and have to show someone but then you get OWNED!

Anyhoo I’m done talk soon yall!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Dude! That clip about the strange uncle is AWESOME! I wanna see that movie!

Anyway–here’s what you gotta do. It won’t be easy. QUIT LOOKING TO OTHER PEOPLE FOR VALIDATION.

You’re good. You’re probably better than the people (Joe) that you want to show things to. It’s likely that many of these people even resent you for it. So naturally, they’re going misinterpret your actions as “Matt’s showing off again.”

Clearly, you’re not intentionally doing that. The little people just don’t get it. You’ll be lucky in life if you can find three people who do “get it.” So don’t waste your time or risk your sense of well-being on those who obviously don’t “get it.”

That’s a really cool site. I’m gonna poke around there if you don’t mind…

REPORT ABUSE

veronica

nice site. great sketches. i haven’t dabbled too much in it, but am looking forward to it.

totally empathize with your experience with the roommate. i do that all the time with hubby and his response is more often than not, the same as joe’s. *sigh* but i get what you’re talking about… the whole “gotta get this outta my head before i forget what it is i was so excited about… and you are the person who is here for me to share it with”. my kids give me that satisfaction of a “job well done”… hahahahaha.

i do get it…. and i get what DF is trying to tell you; however, i feel that even though the validation thing is something that you should not look for in other people so much… i also feel that your reaction is something that needs to be worked on as well. yeah, it’s tough when your feelings are hurt, but instead of reacting like a 5 year old with the “well fine then don’t expect me to show you anything again!”… try taking a deep breath next time and apologizing for the interruption. say “dude, so sorry… let me know when you’re not busy and come get me so we can talk about what i just sent you, cool?”. doing this myself with hubby has changed his approach with me as well, and has really made me acknowledge that reactions and tones do set the way folks will deal with you.

please don’t take offense. it’s just a suggestion. :D

later gator!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Dude – your site totally rocks.

(How’s that for validation? Did that help a little?)

I can’t tell you how often I’ve been told to stop looking for validation from others. It’s way easier said than done.

Maybe you could add a video blog to your current blogging activities. Then you could say “Hey, look at this !” to your followers. Enthusiasm is catchy – it will help sell your services/products, and generally increase your popularity in the long run.

If you decide to start a video blog please post a link below, so we can join.

:o)

eimat

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Veronica’s right–but it’s different with a spouse than a roommate or office mate. Naturally we seek validation from family and we shouldn’t stop. So in that case, like Veronica said, we need to work on ourselves and how we approach them. Maybe be a little more sensitive and observant before we barge in on them. As for the rest of the world–screw ’em! (kidding!)

When we’re “in the zone” we get so happy and excited about stuff that we naturally want to share it. One thing I’ve noticed from reading this forum is that A LOT OF US are really HAPPY PEOPLE! We can’t afford to risk losing that, and we need to remember that some of us already have self-esteem issues going back several years. We have to protect ourselves.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)