Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Excruciating Boredom

Excruciating Boredom2011-07-26T20:32:49+00:00

The Forums Forums Emotional Journey Venting! Excruciating Boredom

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

sdwa
    Participant

Do you ever have days when you are so bored, you want to climb the nearest water tower, throw yourself off a ferry, take up hang-gliding, tour a hospital emergency room, dangle by a rope from a 12-story building, run away from home, jump on the next airplane no matter where it’s going, try to swim across a five mile lake, put ice cubes in your underwear, run naked and screaming down the street, etc.? My epitaph will read, “Died of Boredom.” I don’t know what to do with myself, because nothing I normally do interests me even remotely. It’s like being buried alive in cotton wool.

What do you DO when you feel like this?

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I get that a lot, especially when I’m “slow” at work (i.e., no emergencies that need me to work around the clock). I try to find something to focus on, usually computer related. I write (you’d be amazed at the stories you get and you just start typing), I blog, check the forums, walk the dog, teach her a new trick. Eat. I eat a lot more than I should when I’m bored.

Video games are good, too. I’ve invaded Afghanistan more times in the past week than all Western powers combined. (Medal of Honor).

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yep,all the time.

:

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)