Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Exercise for ADD+dyspraxia people

Exercise for ADD+dyspraxia people2018-02-20T08:09:12+00:00

The Forums Forums Tools, Techniques & Treatments Exercise Exercise for ADD+dyspraxia people

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

bethany
    Participant

I hate exercise and have horrible humiliating memories from childhood and teen years that (and adulthood, actually) make me want to avoid anything that requires coordination (sports, dance, aerobics), but exercise that doesn’t require coordination I find mind-numbingly boring & won’t keep up with it. Anyone have any advice?

REPORT ABUSE

That Guy with ADHD
    Participant

Hi bethany,

I like to excersize while I watch videos. While I do have an eliptical now I have done it without. I do like to get off the couch and get moving as I watch. Moving is mindless so I can enjoy what I’m watching and get the excersize I need. Just remember that you only have to do 15 minutes at a time which isn’t a huge commitment in one go. Do that two or three times a day and you’ll be off to a great start.

Regards

Richard
    AKA That Guy with ADHD

REPORT ABUSE

bethany
    Participant

Thank you Richard!!!

REPORT ABUSE

forgotmyusername
    Participant

Maybe go for a cycle then do some pushups and sit ups when you get home. I have a set of dumb bells which I also use in my room. Just put on some music and do 3 sets of 15 pushups and situps every second day its a lot easier when your warmed up after the cycle.

REPORT ABUSE

bethany
    Participant

THanks for the idea!

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)