Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Experience with Instant Release Meds

Experience with Instant Release Meds2010-11-11T20:09:57+00:00

The Forums Forums Medication Experience with Instant Release Meds

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

I would like some person experiences with instant release meds. Right now i am taking Biphentin but would like to switch to instant release as i feel it offers more flexibility with the dosing schedule. The only ones i know of are Ritalin and Adderal.

Also, i am in Canada so any input from fellow Canadians would be appreciated as not all meds available in the US are in Canada.

Thanks

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I took Ritalin during one year.

It was not a good medication for me.

Yes, you have more flexibily but in my case I forgot too much pills because you have to remember to take it 2-3 times a day, maybe more. I had also up-and-down effects with problem of anger when I was in the ”down”. A another disadvantage was some periods between two pills that symptoms wasn’t well control.

But it’s good if you have eating problems with long release; you have a ”break” between the two pills for eating.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I take Dexedrine and Welbutrin that’s the perfect combination for me.

Dexedrine is twice a day for my ADHD and Welbutrin once a day for Mood Disorder. Ive heard from some people that Dexedrine caused depression for them. That has not been my experience, Probably because I also take Welbutrin.

Ive tried Concerta one of the newer longer acting medications and I hated it! It made me feel brain dead. Then I had a couple hallucinations and that was it for me! I just feel normal (or what I think normal feels like) on Dex.

Good Luck!

REPORT ABUSE

Buz

I’m trialing meds right now with a psychiatrist. Firstly I took short acting Ritalin (actually the generic version methylphenidate) twice daily. Took me a few attempts to set a therapeutic dose that suits me. Once I got that bit sorted the benefit was I could more or less predict when I was going to be at my best in terms of calm and focus. Same thing with the short acting Dex, the difference being i do not get the same calm with Dex but it helps me be more action orientated – I get things done at work!

I’m now trialing sustained release methylphenidate (the generics) I’m really not sure they are much an improvement over the short acting version. Next up is the Dex spansules, which are sustained release. Then I have to make a decision about how meds fit into the overall treatment plan. I have not been introduced to Concerta or other brands as yet, so cannot comment on those. Good luck

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Have you folks seen our new Sponsored videos that describe how to look and understand meds?

Also, you can learn more from the http://www.caddra.ca website

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)