Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Experience with Low-Carb diets on ADHD (good or bad)

Experience with Low-Carb diets on ADHD (good or bad)2012-10-28T17:13:14+00:00

The Forums Forums Tools, Techniques & Treatments Diet Experience with Low-Carb diets on ADHD (good or bad)

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

ACTUAL EXPERIENCES ONLY PLEASE: I know everyone has opinions but that’s NOT what I’m looking for here.

If you’ve had experience with a low carb diet (ie. Paleo, Atkins, Bernstein, Metabolism Miracle etc.), I’m inetersted in the effect it had on your ADHD symptoms.

Thank you :)

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Haha!! Just noticed the ad at the top of the page was for the Bernstein diet centres. Do they intentionally coordinate it to the post (or the reader) or is that just a coincidence?

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have been doing Atkins or similar for 8 years. More recently 1-2 years, I have been doing low carb with paleo leanings. My health is better and I think I can focus better. As far as my ADD, I believe it is better, but have no real evidence of it. My ADD is not severe but bugs my wife a lot and it’s always a hassle for me. I am self diagnosed. I don’t trust most doctors. I think there are certain subjects, like ADD and nutrition, that the mainstream of doctors are completely out to lunch on.

REPORT ABUSE

dales

Hi DM,

Low carb diet plans not only help in losing weight but also improve your immunity and reduce the risk of major health problems like obesity, hypertension, diabetes and heart problems.  Besides having low carb diet, engage in daily workouts for active and healthy life.

REPORT ABUSE

firefox

I follow the Gi diet and eat to live by dr Furhman.  I feel better on it and definitely recommend the importance of lean protein every two hours and increasing your fibre intake to maintain your consistent energy levels throughout the day especially during phase one when losing weight.  Also if you or another person is in ADHD medication . What your coffee intake or eliminate it altogether. Switch to green tea or black tea. Drink water !!!  Leafy greens are important … Chia seeds , algae , flax , look at chlorella for heavy metal detox, and focus. Iodine or copper deficiency or magnesium deficiency too. Also, vitamin d levels.

REPORT ABUSE

blackdog

Well, since you asked for actual experiences only, I guess I can’t comment. Even though I desperately want to…

Desperately. So hard not to…. 😕

REPORT ABUSE

Scattybird
    Participant

blackdog…….your meds must be working……check out that self-control!!! Whooohooo.

🙂

REPORT ABUSE

blackdog

Scattybird, you are not helping. Seeing your comment only increases the temptation to tell everyone….what I’m not telling them. 😉

REPORT ABUSE

Scattybird
    Participant

@blackdog – aaahaha. I want to know now!!  You are such a temptress. 🙂

Why not start a new thread…… or……given that you have ADHD just break the rule. Since when have we EVER (a) done what we are told and (b) kept a thread as it is meant to be? That Vyvanse is clearly something fantastic. 🙂

Where have all the smiley icons gone? I am going to have to learn how to do more that just 🙂

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)