Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Explain the anger/temper

Explain the anger/temper2013-09-13T20:13:18+00:00

The Forums Forums For The Non-ADD I Married An ADDer Explain the anger/temper

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

blackdog

@klmillscats– I love it when I have those moments. Unfortunately, I don’t have them very often. I’m not very good at phrasing things the way people like to hear them. I would probably start with something like “That doesn’t make sense. It would be better if we…” I know I should learn to say things differently, but I just hate the games that people play, the hints, innuendos, polite demanding, suggestions that aren’t really suggestions.

When someone says to me “Would you like to…” or “When you get a chance, could you…” or “If you have time to….” I take it literally. It took me a long time to figure out that when someone at work says “When you get a chance…” they really mean “Go do this now”. The world would be a better place if everyone spoke plainly. Or at least a less confusing one.

REPORT ABUSE

klmillscats
    Participant

@blackdog, yes, each society has it’s verbal and social games. And for what it’s worth, the US is not the worst offender in this area. And I have to say, I’ve learned a great deal from my husband about thinking before speaking, and choosing the moment. I tend to be reactive and am learning to be proactive and mindful. It’s a process, but most things are.

REPORT ABUSE

sdwa
    Participant

@blackdog

Struggling with self esteem,

new challenges all the time.

We are who we are.

OK, I’ll quit that.

Writing thoughts in haiku form

is way too much fun.

REPORT ABUSE

blackdog

Writing in Haiku

Is fun for those who know how

But I suck at it

It is very hard

To say what you want to say

Writing in Haiku

🙂

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)