Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Facial Recognition

Facial Recognition2011-07-27T05:24:31+00:00

The Forums Forums Ask The Community Facial Recognition

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Geoduck

Does anyone else have problems seeing people that are right in front of them? It seems a very ADD thing. Sometimes I get so focused on what I’m doing that I don’t see someone that’s right in front of me. People will wave to me or try to get my attention and I just don’t see them. That, or I’m so focused on the person I’m speaking with, I don’t see someone else who is standing right next to them.

Once, when I was a kid, I was so focused on talking to this girl about how mean her sister was, that I didn’t see her sister sitting just about two feet away. Learned a lesson there, but still was very embarrassing.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

No, but I seem to have a problem seeing just about everything else that’s around me. haha I’m not kidding, my husband will ask me to get him something and I could be staring right at it but don’t see it. He gets so mad about it. I don’t do it intentionally, I just really don’t see it.. I really don’t know if this has anything to do with add but it is a problem for those of us that do it.

REPORT ABUSE

billd

I can relate to BOTH of you…… and I’m the one with the issue of not seeing the nose on my face.

Facial recognition – that’s one of the issues I believe – at least it is for me.

For example, I can meet someone in a meeting, or one-on-one, then the next day pass them in the grocery store and not recognize them, or worse, can’t pick a specific person out of a crowd.

Another thing – “oh, they look so much like their father/mother” – I never see it! A kid can be the spitting image of one of their parents, and I can’t see it.

I can’t even pick our cat out of a group of cats of the same color.

Once our cat got out, and a half a mile away, I saw another orange cat and was SO SURE it was our cat – not even close according to my wife, but I had to get close and take a second look.

So if I know you – but walk right by you in a crowd or in a store – please forgive me – I simply won’t recognize you – I”m NOT trying to ignore you.

REPORT ABUSE

Geoduck

Yeah! For me I’ll either totally not see a person (when my hubby does it with stuff in the fridge, I call it Male Pattern Blindness, guess in fairness I’ll have to come up with something for myself), or I won’t recognize a person if I’ve only met them once or twice, unless something is pretty unique about them regarding their looks.

@ Spacely, love the “Lost in Space” avatar! LOL!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I horribly embarrass myself all the time by not immediately recognizing faces. I will miss even somewhat familiar faces. I get it eventually, but usually not before the embarrassment occurs. it will come to me in a giant getting hit with a piano. OHHHHHH!

REPORT ABUSE

billd

yup & yup.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

like billd here, I can’t remember faces or names. Once on our way to a meditation group meeting, we stopped for a bite to eat nearby. This lady was looking at me and smiling. I smiled back but otherwise ignored her. Not a clue that I’d met her the week before at a group meeting.

I tend to ignore people more than not see them, like if I’m talking with someone and someone else comes in to say something important (what I’m saying seems important to me but it’s not), and I’ll totally ignore them. It’s like I need to focus on what I’m talking about or I will lose it (as in, forget what the heck I’m talking about).

REPORT ABUSE

billd

Yup again… but I do tend to just not see things, people, etc. a lot……….. at least that’s what I think is happening.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)