Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Feeling hopeless

Feeling hopeless2019-04-22T00:39:35+00:00

The Forums Forums Medication Feeling hopeless

Viewing 0 posts

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

briancampbell4793
    Participant

Hi everyone,

My name is Brian– 230 lbs, 5’10, age 26. I was diagnosed with inattentive type about 6 months ago and started exploring drug options with my doctor 4 months ago. I am petrified that no medication will ever work for me. Thus far I have been gradually increasing my dosage of Intuniv (currently at 2mg) and Vyvanse (started at 20mg, now at 40). So far, nothing. I have tried hard not to get my hopes up, but at the same time, I have spent hundreds of dollars on diagnostics, doctor appointments, and prescription copays, only to be increasingly frustrated as my symptoms remain the same and I continue to let myself and others down. I know that medication is not a magic cure, but everyone I’ve talked to has said that ADHD medication has been life-changing for them. With this in mind, I have a few questions for you all. First, how long did it take before you found that your medication regimen created a noticeable difference? Second, does increasing your dosage gradually rather than suddenly build a tolerance, thus minimizing the drug’s effects? Lastly, has anyone found that other drugs work better for them than Vyvanse? I have heard that Vyvanse is considered the most effective/safest stimulant for ADHD, but so far I have experienced no change, other than mild anxiety side effects.

Thank you all

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)