Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Fighting about money :(

Fighting about money :(2012-08-18T00:20:02+00:00

The Forums Forums Emotional Journey Other Fighting about money :(

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

distractedmomma

Just had a big fight with my husband about money. I knew this was coming because i’ve been so impulsive with my spending lately. The fight was mostly about why our grocery bill is always so high. I told him it was because I never know what the balance is on the account. I asked him before to give me the password to the statement account so I could see it before I go grocery shopping as a guide. He didn’t understand how that would help, so he didn’t. Not like he forbid me or anything, he just though my reasoning made no sense. He said I should know how much I spend.

I manage well with my own accounts. I do overspend sometimes…meaning I can’t always pay my credit card in full each month, but I do paid it off entirely from time to time.

Anyway, it helps me to see my accounts online. It keeps me in check. Don’t ask me to balance a checkbook though, cuz I can’t. If I’m about to write something down and the phone rings, of a child calls my name and can easily put away the book and totally forget that I never wrote anything down. By the time I do, I forget the amount or something…

Anyway, after a short but effective shouting match (sometimes it feels good to let it all out) my hubby agreed to try my method. I told him if we don’t see a reduction in expenses he can take my card away. I sure hope i don’t regret saying that.

DD

REPORT ABUSE

ipsofacto

On-line banking is a huge boom to my financial stability. Being able to update the picture I have in my mind of cash flow gives me real control. Balancing a checkbook and recording card purchases is not going to happen in this lifetime.

At the same time, it’s taken me a long time to figure out that the impulsive spending that is most detrimental to my finances; is not the big items, but the crap I buy because it’s a great deal, or it might come in handy one day. I just cleared out a basement full of that crap, and it ain’t coming back.

REPORT ABUSE

distractedmomma

Ipsofacto,

Online banking has helped me too. Without it, I would probably be in financial ruin. I’m kind of glad that my husband and i had our argument. It forced me to take a peak at my online account and see that I had spent quite a bit more than usual. I was supposed to go out with friends last night (something a rarely do as a busy mom), but I chose to stay home to save money.

Just so much to work on at the same time (spending habits, cleaning habits, eating habits, future career possibilities), I feel a little overwhelmed.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)