Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Finally!

Finally!2014-04-15T20:15:58+00:00
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

darkwynde

OK, so after six years of fighting, losing and regaining my insurance, doctors not listening to me, and dealing with disbelieving family members and friends, I have an appointment with a psychologist on the 21st.  Wish me luck, guys and gals!

REPORT ABUSE

darkwynde

OK!  I did it!  Went to the psychologist, and got a diagnosis: inattentive subtype ADD, with hints of hyperactivity here and there.  FINALLY, someone who listened!

Next step:  family doc, sometime next week.

REPORT ABUSE

sdwa
    Participant

blackdog

Awesome, congratulations! I guess. Maybe it should be condolences? Well, at least now that it’s official, you can do something about it.

REPORT ABUSE

Alan Brown

Congrats on the diagnosis. First step in fully understanding your past and present, and crafting a future full of great potential!

REPORT ABUSE

darkwynde

Step two complete!  Went to the doc this morning, came home with a script for 36 mg Concerts.  Took the. First dose @ 12:30 Eastern (Greenwich +4), no side effects so far.  leaving for work in half an hour.  I’ll update later today with effects, side effects, etc (assuming I remember lol).

May the Force be with you.

DW

REPORT ABUSE

darkwynde

All right, as of 7:30 Eastern, I had a mild headache, but two motrin got rid of it.  Having a decent night at work.  Oh, dry mouth, but I’ve been sucking on hard candies, and that’s helping.

Other than that, smooth sailing so far.

Mtfbwy

DW

REPORT ABUSE

blackdog

Glad it’s going well so far. Just be careful until you know for sure that you aren’t going to have any other side effects. They can sneak up on you.

If the dry mouth continues, I recommend sour candies or something like a really strong mint. Too much sugar makes it worse. At least it does for me. I have had a dry mouth since forever though, long before the medication, so I don’t really notice it all that much.

Have a good night and don’t work to hard.

mtfbtw

REPORT ABUSE

darkwynde

Thanks for the advice, black dog.  I’ll keep it in mind.

I also started therapy today to help me get a handle on my anger issues, and to learn to get organized.  Doc gave me a lot to think about over the next week.

So far, so good.Mtfbwy

DW

REPORT ABUSE

blackdog

Thanks for graciously accepting my advice, even though I am sure you didn’t need it. I just can’t stop myself. Have to give advice on everything. 🙄

Last week when I was doing some research on how to grow potatoes I stopped to answer a question about cooking them. Don’t even know what website it was or if the person will ever  see my reply, or care that I replied.

REPORT ABUSE

darkwynde

Hell, I’ll take all the advice I can get 🙂

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)