Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Finally got my appointment booked!

Finally got my appointment booked!2010-04-03T04:08:35+00:00

The Forums Forums I Just Found Out! Other Finally got my appointment booked!

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

wolfshades

I am so totally jazzed right now.

A month after my doctor gave me a referral to see a psychiatrist who specializes in ADHD, I finally got the phone call, inviting me to an assessment at the beginning of July. Can’t wait to get going with this. I’m about 99% this is my issue – after reading so many stories here that are almost word for familiar with my own, I’m not just anxious for the assessment but for the treatment as well. It’s a big deal for me. (Like I have to tell you that!) :)

I’m so appreciative of so many people here who’ve been willing to share their stories. And of course I’ve talked about this to so many others – on my blog and in other places. There are a couple of people who didn’t know about totallyadd.com and have come over as they recognized themselves in my story. (Mind you – I’ve run into quite a number of people who persist in their belief that ADHD doesn’t exist. Quite an eye-opener.) Anyway – thank you guys!!

Cheers!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Excellent! I just had my first session of my assessment this week. Suggestion: Eat a granola bar before hand, they won’t let you out for a while. Plus the straps they use to immobilize you make it difficult to eat anything. At the very least, be prepared to be pretty tired out afterwards. I was.

:-)

Cheers

REPORT ABUSE

wolfshades

Uh oh. Straps? Granola bars? Should I make out my will too? :)

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Oh no. You’ll sign over your power of attorney (that’s in the fine print, you’ll not see it until too late), and they’ll make out your will on your behalf – in their favour. Just make sure you stop your milk and newspaper deliveries for a few days. :-)

REPORT ABUSE

wallygirl

Hi you mention a referral to the ADHD clinic – can I ask where that is located and perhaps the psychiatrist you will be seeing? I am at the early and frustrating stages of assessment etc and could use any info. Thanks

REPORT ABUSE

wolfshades

Hi Wallygirl!

Yes. My appointment was at an ADHD clinic at 1849 Yonge St. You’ll need a physician’s referral though. Their phone number is (416) 304-1779.

The doctor’s name was Dr. Turgay – I say “was” because I just learned this evening that he passed away. I don’t know if my appointment still stands – will have to check with them and see.

At any rate, your physician should know of a competent ADHD psychiatrist or psychologist.

Good luck!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes, very sad. I met with Dr. Turgay for my first meeting – and was saddened to hear when I went back for my next appointment to learn he had passed away. The office there is in shock, but they’re spending time getting paperwork in order and will be back in action soon. I’m having my second meeting there in a couple of weeks. He seemed a wonderful man.

Mungo

http://MungosADHD.com

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)