Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Finding Doctors Nearly Impossible

Finding Doctors Nearly Impossible2010-12-16T18:46:08+00:00

The Forums Forums Tools, Techniques & Treatments Finding Doctors Nearly Impossible

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

I was diagnosed with Adult ADD back in early 2006. I was able to find a psychiatrist about 35 miles away that handled Adult ADD. I found him luckily through a internet forum posting. Unfortunately, when he started to treat me for co-morbid conditions, the anti-depressive medicine really had my health go downhill. While taking Lexapro and Effexor XR, I gained about 80 pounds and needed about 12 hours of sleep daily. I gradually weaned myself off the anti-depressive medicine and stimulants.

I believe I still need to take some type of stimulant medicine for my Adult ADD in addition to coaching, behavior modification, etc. Does anyone know a good site that lists psychiatrists that treat Adult ADD. I have found that most listings include mostly non-psychiatrist professionals such as counselors, coaches, etc. Any help would be appreciated!

REPORT ABUSE

vikki9

Hi Corrys.

I was just diagnosed with ADD in November so am very new to this. I did have occasion to call my health insurance company last week about a physician/psychiatrist/referral question. They were very helpful responding with names and addresses of Drs. familiar with adult ADD. Maybe your health insurance company can help with referral information for you.

Best of luck! Happy New Year!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I feel you. I live in Miami and while it is a sizeable city the public transportation is terrible so that limits me where i can go. some doctors suck and are only in it for the money. medicine here is a cash cow. it’s horrible. hope you fare better

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)