Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Florida Mom Forces Son to Wear Sign Announcing 1.22 GPA

Florida Mom Forces Son to Wear Sign Announcing 1.22 GPA2011-02-21T17:37:45+00:00

The Forums Forums For The Non-ADD Other Florida Mom Forces Son to Wear Sign Announcing 1.22 GPA

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

shutterbug55
    Participant

I read this story and was horrified. My parents would have done hand springs if my GPA was that high. But then their expectations of me lowered over time, and they focused their attention on my brother and sister.

Full Article

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Wow. Can you see this poor kid snapping and strangling his dear mother in her sleep one night?

So glad my parents weren’t like that.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

My GPA was that low at times in high school. I hated high school academics. I eventually graduated cum laude from Cal Poly, Pomona in California.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Haha! I only noticed this posting tonight as I’ve MIA for a bit (overtime at work). My initial reaction? Laughed! Over the years as a teacher, I’ve run into more than my fair share of kids who nearly make me want to jump off a cliff. Those particular types could care less about wearing that sign. In fact, they are the same ones who would wear it as badge of pride so making them do so would be a useless move on the perpetrator’s part.

Since the mom made the son wear it, I’m assuming she knew it would embarrass him. SHAME on her!

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)