Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Frustrated, no motivation, sick of it all

Frustrated, no motivation, sick of it all2011-06-19T15:53:58+00:00

The Forums Forums Emotional Journey I'm Cranky/Arguing/Frustrated Frustrated, no motivation, sick of it all

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m getting so frustrated and sick of it all. I know I have ADD, it’s the root cause of all the problems and frustrations I’ve had in my life, but without a job and health insurance I can’t even see a doctor unless I pay out of my own pocket, and I’m not that rich these days. They call the USA the greatest country in the world, what a joke! There are times I wish I had never left Canada, back in 1984. I’ve been unemployed since January of last year, I’ve tried looking for work, but employers are reluctant to hire older workers (I’m 57). I also feel that in addition to ADD I’ve got Low T, which means my motivation is at an all-time low, my sex drive is nonexistent, and I’ve gained weight from sitting around too much. I’m seriously tempted to go to a doctor, telling him my story, and begging for some ADD medication, whether it’s Adderall or whatever. Hopefully the meds won’t cost an arm and a leg!

Today is Father’s Day! HAH! That’s a laugh! I feel so much like a failure that I don’t even want to see my kids. I’m not feeling suicidal, but I’ve got to do something soon before it gets any worse.

Thanks for letting me vent.

REPORT ABUSE

Curlymoe115

If you have no job or health insurance should that not qualify you for medicare in the states. If there is no money in the budget I thought that is when the system stepped in to help. All you can do is one foot in front of the other. And if you have kids make sure you give them a hug and let them know that you love them even if you are feeling blue. Then one step in front of the other. I thought in the states if you go to a hospital complaining of suicidal thoughts they had to make sure you were seen by a psychiatrist. Just something else to keep in mind. And if you aren’t American yet come on home. Lots of people wander to the dark side but Canada is very forgiving. 😆

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m uninsured too but found a way to get weekly therapy and a prescription voucher. All teaching hospitals, those affiliated with medical schools, are required to have an outpatient clinic. The clinics have programs for people who are unemployed and/or uninsured that provides FREE services. I don’t know what city you’re in but I hope you’re near a medical school/teaching hospital. Just call the hospitals in your area and ask for the number to the outpatient psychiatry clinic where the psychiatry students get the hours of practice they need to get their license.

Don’t give up! There’s free help out there for you!

Otherwise check with your city’s department of health. They’ll have a list of free clinics where you can see a doctor and get a prescription.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

you may qualify for medicaid. and do act quickly. being in that much mental pain is not ok and requires intervention =(. one does not need a gun loaded to need mental health care!

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)