Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

frustration lonliness aggervation

frustration lonliness aggervation2010-12-09T00:19:56+00:00

The Forums Forums Emotional Journey I'm Cranky/Arguing/Frustrated frustration lonliness aggervation

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

hello i am back and its been so long.

i am going through boredom lonliness frustration helplessness and a little depression y cause i am trying to find a good job while trying to hold down a job ha which is impossible it seems recently i was let go of a job i had one really bad day lots going on i lost my job my boss said to me it will be okay just got to find something i am good at and that this company is not a good fit for you. i said your right im thinking ive only been trying to find a good successful job for almost

14 years but i have not found it either i was not a good fit or i got fired or they downsized or ad i keep trying and trying and trying i know what i am good at but the issue is sometimes the rate of pay does not match the cost of living and right now that is the case i am trying to find a really good job that -ays well meanwhile i see my wife it seems like everything she touches turns to Gold and she gets the job some how mean while for me if self sabbotage was a career id be a gazillion air i am not saying that i have self sabbotaged at everything sometimes its not even my fault but i am struggling to find a freaking really good job that fits me me me me i am working hard at trying to find one too the last two days accomplished it feels like nothing or its a snails pace i do not know here i go pick up the boot straps and away i go to look for a job

REPORT ABUSE

trashman

don’t lose heart be thankfull your wife has a good job . I just got fired last week too. the thing is I am al most 50 and still don’t have a job that fits me . the job that would keep one intrested day in and day out would be great I don’t know if there are jobs like that out there. people tell me I expect to much from a job . the problem is it seems to turn into a boring poison, and when you feel like it’s killing me. don’t lose heart think of it as an adventure. so your not alone just keep looking. we are all alone and yet we are all togeather going through the same steps looking to find are place.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Holy shit I’m 36 and i’m on disability because i haven’t been able to hold on to a job but unlike you guys i also deal with anxiety disorder as well as adhd. i don’t want to be on disability forever so i keep trying to get back on the saddle. either with temp jobs or part time. i managed to do the census with little trouble. actually managed to survive as a security guard in the school system for two years because i had a great crew to work with. i got frustrated though because i couldn’t rise to anything else. i didn’t want to be a security guard all my life but i kept losing promotions due to politics which is ripe here in dade county. i also left because we lost some good disciplinarians and the kids slipped out of control and i was on the verge of a nervous breakdown and almost hit a kid so i walked away

REPORT ABUSE

gforcewarp9
    Participant

Hey miguel–

I dont know where you live, but Im wondering if its a large enough town/city to have a stage hand union. I worked for the stage hand union in Tucson for-- 5 years. One of the only jobs Ive never been fired from. Seriously, even though the work is mostly the same, its always different. Differnt show, different venue, etc. etc. Lots of a.d.d stage hands! Its good, because you are usually working with a crew, you are usualy doing one thing at a time, and its almost always interesting. I started out with zero experience. You dont have to join the union right away, most use on call folks, and thats your foot in the door. I showed up for bottom of the barrel gigs like setting up/breaking down for conventions--etc. I got on crews because Id show up earlier than anyone else and work really hard. In a few months, they started calling me for stage work, and I worked my way up to being a stage electrician– hanging lights, etc. Now why would Ieave such a job you ask? Well thats a story for another day! Anyhoo, when youre ready to go back to work, you could check them out under I.A.T.S.E local (?)– stands for International Assosiation of Theater and Stage Employees. Hope your in a city where they exist, or else this won`t be very useful, but I thought it might be worth a shot.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I live in Florida. The unions here are weak because Florida is a right to work state. Thanks for the info though.

REPORT ABUSE

gforcewarp9
    Participant

Yeah, Tucson is a “right to work” state–an oxymoron if ever I’ve heard one– as well, but the wage at the union was’nt great, but it was better than alot of other things and the work was fun….

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)