Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Games!

Games!2011-06-27T22:40:47+00:00
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Outoftune

I was wondering if there are any games that are easily accesible and free that you can just find online that are entertaining enough to hold our attention? I have wasted money on countless games that I start playing and am super into then loose interest as each level takes too long to get through. Is there anything that’s really interactive where you move through it quickly? My husband says he hates watching Jeapordy with me because I blurt out the answer before Alec even finishes reading the first part of the question! lol I love it because the questions are so short and they move on quickly!

Thanks!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Good question….I will think of some to add that I thinnk are good. Also, I think it would be great if totally ADD folks added some brain games that are helpful for all of as ADD’ers.

REPORT ABUSE

Geoduck

Try popcap games. I like Zuma and Plants vs. Zombies. You can play some of these on-line for free to try them out.

Doesn’t your hubby know that the faster you are at Jeopardy, the better? LOL!

REPORT ABUSE

Curlymoe115

Try the site bigfishgames.com they have a ton of free online games that you can play. You play them right on the site. My favorites are the hidden object games that I have to spend a lot of time studying the picture to find the objects. I am always accused of not being very observant so this helps me strengthen that part of my visual acuity and I can spend hours learning.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I love those hidden object games!! The kids had the I Spy games on computer and they are great fun, but they do have an ending so cannot be played over and over without plenty of time in between to forget where the objects are. I also like many of the Popcap games and have quite a few on my iPod. They weren’t that expensive and some had free trials. I also play lots of the games associated with Facebook, as they are free, and some can be played against real players online, so there is a competetive aspect if that’s what you like.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Desktop Tower Defense. Great on conference calls:

http://www.handdrawngames.com/DesktopTD/Game3.asp

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I agree with Popcap. Plants vs. Zombies is now available on most portable devices. Insaniquarium is fun as well.

I’m also a big fan of Real Time Strategy (RTS) games like Age of Empires and Age of Mythology.

For a while I was heavily into Cityville on Facebook, then one day I looked at it and wondered why I was expending so much energy on it. I deleted the program after that.

REPORT ABUSE

Lucky77

LOL on the Cityville. I was an awesome citizen for a good 3 weeks, then just up and quit (booooring!)

Personally I enjoy the New York Times Crossword – they have an app and you get all their crosswords for a cheap yearly subscription (15 bucks, I think?)

Although I pick it up, then dump it, I always seem to go back and get the crossword bug again!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I play Scrabble, Lexulous, and Word Twist on Facebook. They’re free and they hold MY attention, at least for a while.

REPORT ABUSE

billd

I literally can’t stand most games. Game shows sometimes are not too bad…(Jeopardy, Wheel of Fortune can be ok)……. but board games I get bored, and computer games, I’ve tried ’em all and toss them aside after a few minutes. I just can’t stand them. They make me “anxious” and nervous, and often bore me to the point of just walking away from them. The shoot-em-up ones are the worst. So what, ya hit a little target or a bad guy, ho-hum. Next, please – what else is there to do……….

Even the old “find the words” game in the mess of letters is boring after just a few words – I never want to finish them.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)