Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Generic Adderall XR shortage in US

Generic Adderall XR shortage in US2011-05-09T18:53:58+00:00

The Forums Forums Medication Adderall XR Generic Adderall XR shortage in US

Free medication video
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Johane

Anonymous
    Inactive

FYI, I found out today that the Walgreen’s Mail Services through the AARP Rx Discount Program still has plenty of the generic Adderall XR in stock. The cost is also much cheaper.

REPORT ABUSE

Johane

I’m in Canada and this is not the medicine that I need, but I thought I would share when I heard… it could be important to someone.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

doesn’t this information just make you see RED?? hello?? what is wrong here. i paid $394 for my adderall xr the other noc (one month supply)- because the generic “was not available.” i am grateful that i am able to pay that (but doubtful that i could for months on end- had asked my pharmacy to make sure the generic is available when i re-fill)- but didn’t realize that there was a national “shortage.” that is simply ludicrous. i work in a hospital and often get “alerts” that there is a “shortage” of many common, NECESSARY medications. this is BIG PHARMA fighting back . . . the OPPOSITE (or coporate version) of economics 101: increase demand? decrease supply. (but make sure there is a ready supply of VERY EXPENSIVE similar medications . . . ) happy “independence” day all . . . i may just have an “adderall party.” and throw my adderall in the boston river . . .

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well, I must be the last person to discover this issue. I take a generic form of Adderall (not Adderall XR) and it is no longer available at any pharmacy I have checked in Memphis. This just happened when I went to fill my prescription toward the end of August. Prior to August I was not having any problems getting it filled. I agree with member smftwo, it does not make sense that there could be a shortage for this length of time. I stayed home from work today because I could barely stay awake and just couldn’t get motivated to get up and go in. It finally dawned on me that maybe this is because I have been completely out of my ADHD medication for almost a month. This is affecting my performance at work and my home life too. I am so frustrated and I’m really at a loss of what to do about this issue. I don’t want to start taking some other medication and even if I can get the brand name, I won’t be able to afford it for very long. Does anyone have any suggestions or has anyone had any success in finding the generic? Thanks for listening.

REPORT ABUSE

caper

Holy siht! I just filled a prescription for 90 tablets of generic 20mg Ritalin-SR (Apo MPH-SR). Total cost at Costco was $26.42.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

any updates on whether the generic Adderall XR is or will be available anytime?

(I’m in Minnesota, if that matters?)

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I know im in Ohio, I have no ins.My 10mg Adderall Was $120 for 30pills. I was taking 15mg Daily But asked my Dr. to make it 10mg (1 pill daily istead of 3 /5mg tabs a day) to lower the cost. The 3 / 5mg daily cost 160.00 and that was generic but the 10mg tabs wern’t they said they were out of the generic. My son is on 5mg AdderallXR and it was $10. I also have to pay $70.00per DR. visit every month to get the script. $200 per month for 10mg adderall a day is more then my car payment. Im a single mom hairstylist. Its lookin like im not gonna be able to afford to be on the med. when I started taking it 5months ago it was $30. Thats why we chose adderall because it was less then concerta sttattera intuiv ect…

REPORT ABUSE

kc5jck
    Participant

That’s sad. We went from a doc that charged $75/month for a script after a long wait in the office to one that charged $10 to sign the script as he went between patients. His receptionist has ADD. 30 10mg generic Adderall was about $43. I feel lucky. There does seem to be a shortage in this area (east Texas) of Adderall. I guess that I’ve managed for 59 years without it so if it becomes unavailable I can wait.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

This is ridiculous, there must be a solution. I was told that CVS was out of the orange 30 mg and they gave me a pink 30 mg and they are terrible! Is this nationwide shortage? My doctor said to just call around but no luck so far…

REPORT ABUSE

billd

On a generic XR, seemingly no problem here with that. 20mg to start and see how it goes.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

The XR (extended release) don’t seem to be affected by the shortage, I think because this is not as popular as the instant release, and also because this doesn’t tend to get abused as much, as in kids snorting them, etc.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m going to be tucking away some pills like a squirrel from days I don’t study. for next December. I imagine the same thing will happen again next year.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)