Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Getting help and Unemployed and Uninsurred

Getting help and Unemployed and Uninsurred2011-03-04T18:35:19+00:00

The Forums Forums Tools, Techniques & Treatments Getting help and Unemployed and Uninsurred

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Is the medical community trying to hold us down?? I lost my job 2 years ago and have struggled to find help (councelors, doctors, even ADD sites like CHADD) that was inexpensive. I live in Osawatomie, Kansas and the mental health place here was going to charge me $340 for the first visit and evaluation…with NO sliding scale!!! That’s hard to swallow, especially when the phychlogist makes $150 per hour and I’m struggling to find a $10 per hour job. You bastards should be tarred and feathered for your hipocracy…you here that Dr. Cappo. OK….all better now. LOL.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Check to see if your county offers low income county insurance. Our county in S. Tx does. You can only go to the Family Practice office at one of our local hospitals and you have to get scripts filled there also. But meds. are only $5 as are the doctor visits. Hope that helps.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

My best friend is suffering from ADHD, makes just $25,000 a year, has no health insurance, and works too many hours to be able to get a second job (salaried). He lives in the state of Texas, and doesn’t qualify for state health insurance. He can’t afford a therapist or meds. Yes, he needs a real psychologist. Is there anything to be done?

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)