Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Good Friends :)

Good Friends :)2013-10-13T07:35:47+00:00
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

darkwynde

I was talking with a close friend at work the other day about how things are going, my  ongoing diagnostic process, and the new meds I’m on (Strattera), and mentioned that I was having an easier time at work, getting more done, etc.

My friend, who is legally (but not completely) blind due to Retinitis Pigmentosa, said,,, “Well, when you don’t have five different things in your mind at once, it’s a lot easier to get things done.”

Wow!  I was overwhelmed with gratitude at the realization that, despite his having no personal experience with the disorder aside from our friendship, he COMPLETELY UNDERSTOOD!

When I expressed this feeling, his response was, “Well, I have my own disability; I’ve had to learn how to work with it myself, so I guess it’s just easier for me to put myself into someone else’s shoes and understand what it’s like for them.”

THANK GOD FOR UNDERSTANDING FRIENDS!

REPORT ABUSE

blackdog

That is a friend you want to keep for sure. 🙂

REPORT ABUSE

darkwynde

Yeah, definitely.  He seems to understand it better than my wife does (go figure).  I have one other friend who definitely understands, because he has ADD too, but I don’t get to talk to him much, unfortunately.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)