Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Grrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!

Grrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!2011-05-12T23:13:15+00:00

The Forums Forums I Just Found Out! No One Believes Me Grrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Outoftune

I just had a friend say this “You have some insecurities about yourself so you’re looking at every point thinking “ya, that’s totally me”. But I think you are being very hard on yourself and focusing on the negative and trying to find a ‘reason’ for maybe why you feel you have let people down. The excuse/reason of a disability doesn’t fly with me because I know you are capable and can do anything”

I know she is trying to be nice but why does this make me feel so upset?

REPORT ABUSE

Wgreen
    Participant

Ha! A forum member who uses the moniker “Agnocet” summed it up well, I think—”For someone who’s been there, no explanation is necessary. For someone who’s not, no explanation is possible.” Such is ADD/ADHD.

Just start reading other posts. You’ll see your feelings are not unique.

REPORT ABUSE

nellie

Sherri27,

I don’t blame you for being upset, it is so annoying and just makes us feel worse when people discount our opinions, thoughts and feelings.

There are some great blog posts on this site related to this topic, just can’t remember which months, but I found this one:

http://totallyadd.com/furthermore/#more-766

REPORT ABUSE

nellie

This morning I received a newsletter in my inbox from Jacqueline Sinfield who is an ADD Coach and has written a book called Untapped Brilliance. She uses a website and blog to promote the book – this weeks blog entry is “Is ADHD REAL?”

I thought it was timely and might offer some good simple facts to keep at the tip of your tongue, so speak, in order to respond to people who say stuff like your friend. I know I can never remember how to tell people about ADD without babbling like a 3rd grader trying to tell you about the book the teacher just read to them:-)

Anyway here’s the link:

http://untappedbrilliance.com/blog

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)