Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Has anyone just used Strattera for ADHD? Never anything else. Lets chat…

Has anyone just used Strattera for ADHD? Never anything else. Lets chat…2011-04-30T14:17:43+00:00

The Forums Forums Medication Strattera Has anyone just used Strattera for ADHD? Never anything else. Lets chat…

Free medication video
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

When I started on Stattera the Doctor told me it was a bumpy ride getting up to the full dose but that the side effects would eventually subside and I can tell you that now after nearly two years it’s pretty smooth sailing.

The only real side effect that persisted was “modified ejaculation” but it really doesn’t bother me much and the up side has been huge for me. I’d say it was about 4-5 months getting up to 100mg during which I had most of the symptoms I’ve read here plus dilated pupils and some pretty bad crashing and headaches at the end of the day but I was also able to increase my productivity even during that time.

After I reached 100mg it was smooth sailing. I noticed a bit of a plateau and a reduction in benefit after a couple of months at 100 so we went a little higher to 120 which is still within the body-weight to medication ratio that is recommended.

I’m not cured of ADHD symptoms by any means but I can deliberately focus and get things done now. I’m starting to systemize more and more things in my life and it seems like I’m on the road to living at my potential.

I’m still curious about Stimulants for temporary use while trying to get big projects done but the doctor doesn’t seem very enthusiastic about the idea.

REPORT ABUSE

wolfshades

The first medication I ever took was Straterra (about four months ago). Got into a lot of sweating, and of course, like others, had some problems peeing, and definitely with erections and ejaculations (the latter was *very* troublesome). The symptoms got so bad, even at a low dosage, that I took myself off it after only a week.

Now on Concerta – which is from a different family – so no side effects, even with sleeping. The jury is still out on that one.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

just for your info i just started strattera 40 mg on saturday morning saturday afternoon i cleaned out my totally un organized drawer then organized my whole closet did dishes made my bed fixed all my clothes in my drawers i would never do anything of these chores would procrastinate and put it off till tomorrow but tomorrow never comes.this is the first time my mind is not all over the place can focus on one thing at a time this is a miracle i went to nyu college and was seen by one of the top doctors in the world on adhd and was diagnosed with 15 out of the 19 catergories for diagnosing adhd my depression is gone feel normal for the first time i can remember do not know if this will work for you i am a 54 year old man who lived with adhd for my whole life strattera so far is amazing read so many negative things on this drug no side effects a little insomnia but nothing else never felt like this. i cried saturday i was so happy thank you all and good luck i know living with this disease is terrible thing but somethings do work ty for reading

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

6 months on strattera, up to 80 m/day, a few symptoms, oddly when my anxiety ramps up, i experience the side effects more

than when i am at rest.

Have noticed in the past 5 weeks that my anxiety levels have ramped up extremely .. too many outbursts followed by

bouts of depression. Both are co-morbid, but I had hoped to quell them not make them worse.

Dropping Strattera, gradually over a few days. Doctor is looking at drugs for anxiety .. ssri maybe.

Too old, have cardio history and some slight blockages so they won’t risk any of the amphetamines.

Will be glad to be off, the side effects were tolerable, but increasing anxiety has made coping more difficult,

and I have been very trying to be around .. my partner and I both noticed a worsening not an improving.

Hope that me didnt annoy to many .. cheers all.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I can recommend a reputable pharmacy (Strattera) – http://www.top-online-pills.com/catalog/Bestsellers/Strattera.htm?refid=299 I received the order and it was on time and the pills work great.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

The above post is rediculous!!

That website says it doesn’t require a prescription from a doctor! Please anyone considering that make sure you go to a doctor and get a prescription from them! It is so dangerous to take something that is not precribed to you and could potentially do more harm than good! Especially if you are on other meds!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I was on Ritilin for a while–no difference in my Combined Type ADHD. Then I took generic Adderall XR for awhile–again, no difference while on and no effects when I stopped, either. My family doc wonders if I really have ADHD (diagnosed at UofW in Seattle, last fall) because every other patient that he has prescribed Adderall for (he is a family practice doc) has done well on it. Am I the only one who has not been helped by Adderall? Do people stop it just because of the side effects, not because it doesn’t work??

I have been prescribed Strattera now, and I wonder if there is any chance at all that it will help me, if the Adderal didn’t. I know they work differently. I guess I’ll just have to wait and see, and of course, I HATE to wait–it’s been a long haul already–almost seven months since I began this journey. I have been tempted to just quit trying to find a med that helps me, but both my husband and my cousin have encouraged me to keep trying. .

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well, on the fifth day on 40 mgs of Strattera (once a day), for the FIRST time I actually felt like a med was making a difference for me.–I’d already tried both Ritilin and Adderall XR generic. I got up at 8:30 and actually got some stuff done during the day. But that was yesterday. Unfortunately, my husband picked up my tea for me at the store, and I didn’t notice it wasn’t the green tea I usually buy. Then I ate more chocolate than I should have AND forgot the allergy pills I take at night (for both allergy and sleep aid, as I have sleeping problems). Needless to say, I should have NOT eaten or drunk those things yesterday and I paid for it with a 90% sleepless night. Man! I HATE nights like that!!!!! I’m glad I’m retired now and not teaching a class of six year olds as a day like this would be so MUCH worse there that here at home.

Anyway, I’ve been on Strattera for a week now and the dr said if it wasn’t helping, to increase to 80. But I think I will give it a few more days and see how I do. I don’t want to double the dose if I’m being helped by what I’m taking now.

Does everyone take Strattera at night? The pharmacist recommended that I take it then.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

@groggyjava

Your personality sound just like me! I too have good abilities ;) I hope they will get better with strattera!

Today I got my strattera prescription, iam supposed to start with 40 and then after 3-4 weeks move up to 80, but reading here it seems most people are starting off with 20 or lower.

Should I start with 20 the first week perhaps?

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I think I started with 40 and it was OK. Taking 80 at one time was TERRIBLE–I was awake ALL night!!! Now I take 40 in the a.m and 40 in the p.m. (as suggested by people on this list, which I SO appreciate!) and I haven’t had any side effects that I can tell. It hasn’t made me a new person, but I think it does help me stay a bit more focused and not get distracted so easily. I still like to be busy all the time, and I wander around while my husband stands in line at the checkout, but I find it easier to stay with a project and have finished two big ones lately for our co-op art gallery. I feel like it’s helping.

REPORT ABUSE

allan wallace

Interesting. I was initially prescribed dexamphetamine in one state and it was useful. In another state I was prescribed straterra and I found it to be dreadful. It seemed to induce feelings of such acute sadness that I was flirting with extreme thoughts of self-harm. I will never take that one again. At the moment I’m taking dexamphetamines again, but wondering if I ought to explore any natural remedies that might be available. The dexamphetamines also take the sting out of my moments of melancholy…

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)