Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Has anyone tried Synaptol? it's one of the new things advertised on this site.

Has anyone tried Synaptol? it's one of the new things advertised on this site.2012-04-26T23:23:46+00:00

The Forums Forums Medication Side Effects General Has anyone tried Synaptol? it's one of the new things advertised on this site.

Free medication video
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Robbo

http://www.synaptol.com/?utm_campaign=Synaptol.com-Topic&utm_source=google&utm_medium=ppc&utm_term=add&s_kwcid=ContentNetwork|8300106982&gclid=CM3cxNfS068CFRGAhwodlXmbdw#testimonials

Looks interesting to me. I’m gonna ask my doctor and pharmacist. It would be could if some people from here knew some info on it.

THanks.

REPORT ABUSE

Tombias

It is totally commercial bullshit. I hope there will be a magical medicine that fades away my ADD one day

REPORT ABUSE

nanaimo

Tombias, that would be a pretty amazing treatment. It would have to be able to change the physical structures of our brains… ;)

REPORT ABUSE

nanaimo

Robbo, unfortunately homoeopathy is completely discredited and has no scientific evidence to support it. That medication you linked to is homoeopathic.

Essentially, homoeopaths claim that if you dilute a chemical that causes a symptom (for example, it causes headaches), you can use that same chemical diluted to an extreme degree as a remedy for that symptom (that diluted chemical that causes headaches is now a cure for headaches). Homoeopaths believe that the more diluted a chemical is, the better it works. They believe this so much that most of their treatments end up being pure water.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eN6U6cpGzss

REPORT ABUSE

Robbo

That’s what I thought, I also was hoping I was wrong… Thanks.

Payen the bills I guess…

REPORT ABUSE

Geoduck

But I thought you COULD change the laws of physics, Nanaimo??? LOL! They actually believe that the water changes into the chemical, too.

Yeah, I didn’t know what homeopathy was until I tried giving my kid some homeopathic teething tablets. Didn’t work, did some research, found out naturopathic and homeopathic are not the same thing, and gave the poor thing some tylenol. FWIW, sugar evidently has some analgesic properties, according to her doc at the time, but an actual analgesic works much better.

Then there were the hippies (seriously, old ladies who never left the 60’s) who sprayed some homeopathic garbage on her head for first aid when she stubbed her toe.

Okay. Uh, yeah. Not sure where to begin on that one.

REPORT ABUSE

Geoduck

Oh, and the content at the top is not chosen by this site. It’s chosen by Google Ads, according to words that appear in the site. The Totally ADD people have no control over the ads, as I understand it. Buyer beware…anything that says Google Ads, anywhere on the internet is done this way. Don’t make the mistake of thinking that just because ads appear on a site, that the owners of that site endorse the product.

REPORT ABUSE

nanaimo

Geoduck, this should make you laugh: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMGIbOGu8q0

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I am actually doing a homeopathic study funded by the Hospital for Sick Kids Foundation-Alternative Treatments with the chief of homeopathic medicine at the Canadian Homeopathic College in Toronto. The pilot study in children has been completed and the follow-up phase is ongoing for two years. Some of the children are already on medications for ADHD but we want to see a) safety and b) any differential effects.

It is the first empirical study to look at this systematically. I haven’t seen any initial results but so far, it hasn’t hurt the kids but not sure if it has helped them yet. A randomized placebo control study is being planned.

And Geoduck, thanks for explaining the Google Ad problem. We are addressing this at a meeting soon but it will likely require us to make some sort of statement about our role in endorsing anything.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)