Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Having a Bad Day

Having a Bad Day2015-01-15T06:17:49+00:00

The Forums Forums Emotional Journey I'm Sad Having a Bad Day

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

ramblinon

One winter we had plastic up over the windows the kind you stretch with a blow dryer. Our cat had ripped into it and was found all squishy-like between the window and the plastic.

my wife later added duct tape to reseal the window. My buddy comes over and says, “I like what you’ve done with the place.” We fell about the place laughing so hard.

didnt you have an actual tree?

REPORT ABUSE

Scattybird
    Participant

Did the cat survive?  When you say it was found…….well,  I have visions of it being found months later and it being ‘soup’…..

Duct tape rocks…..

REPORT ABUSE

ramblinon

@Scattybird

Sally Ann was exploring for a few minutes before walking into the living room to find our long-haired, white and deaf cat enjoying a new adventure!

Too funny!

We now have three cats all living together with my wife and I….it’s a source of entertainment, sometimes frustration with hairballs and the odd “surprise” but it’s better than me having to deal with kids.

We had decided 18 years ago that kids were not in our future. One because she claims to have zero instincts or desire to raise a child, two, because I have said, and still do to this day, I am too immature to have had children. Now that I have an ADHD diagnosis, it’s likely related to that part. To think that at 49 I could have a 29 year old offspring, mind shattering! I’d likely be a better “friend” than “father” which is another reason not to procreate.

Ramblin On

REPORT ABUSE

ramblinon

@Scattybird

Sally Ann was exploring for a few minutes before walking into the living room to find our long-haired, white and deaf cat enjoying a new adventure!

Too funny!

We now have three cats all living together with my wife and I….it’s a source of entertainment, sometimes frustration with hairballs and the odd “surprise” but it’s better than me having to deal with kids.

We had decided 18 years ago that kids were not in our future. One because she claims to have zero instincts or desire to raise a child, two, because I have said, and still do to this day, I am too immature to have had children. Now that I have an ADHD diagnosis, it’s likely related to that part. To think that at 49 I could have a 29 year old offspring, mind shattering! I’d likely be a better “friend” than “father” which is another reason not to procreate.

Ramblin On

REPORT ABUSE

Scattybird
    Participant

There are a lot of cat owners on this site so you fit in well. 🙂

I know exactly what you mean about children. I don’t have children either but I love the kids in my family because I can play with them. I certainly couldn’t be responsible for a child’s upbringing  or welfare on a long term basis. Yikes!!

I know what you mean about maturity. I look in the mirror and there is a definite mismatch between the face I see staring back at me and the age that I feel (mentally at least).  It’s quite odd.  I suppose that’s good though. If I thought I looked the age I feel then I’d be delusional which would be worse than being ADD. That is, unless I believed my delusions in which case I’d maybe be really happy.  Oh dear……maybe stopping the meds was a bad idea……..

🙂

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)