Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Having Trouble Finding a Med

Having Trouble Finding a Med2011-11-27T18:35:00+00:00

The Forums Forums Medication Side Effects General Having Trouble Finding a Med

Free medication video
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Greetings… have tried a number of meds… cannot take stimulants as I have dealt with an anxiety condition for 20+ yrs. Prozac controls that quite well. But… for ADD… I’ve tried 8 or more medications. The side effects have been rough at times (mood swings, irritability, insomnia, heart palpitations). For now, I am not taking anything for the ADD.

Anyone in a similar boat? I’m a 46yo male…

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Kap,

I’ve been trying find to the right Rx and dose for about 6 months now. I’ve been on Concerta for almost 3 months, changing the dose each month. I’m about ready to give up. I will put up with the side effects IF I can find a dose that actually seems to help me focus on a consistent basis. How can I feel nervous, irritable, light headed and still unable to focus? Does that mean the dose is too high or too low? If I take less the focus is worse. I tried Vyvanse and was more irritable and focus was also intermittent. After 2 months I realized that the mysterious rash I had was due to a drug allergy, to the Vyvanse! Any way, I’m a 57yom professional who was recently diagnosed. Maybe meds are not gonna work for me.

REPORT ABUSE

billd

Maybe I need to post the papers my doc gave me listing all the drugs currently used, stimulant and otherwise, their uses, doses, side effects and so on. It was quite interesting.

It would be something one could take to a doc and get them TALKING about alternatives maybe.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)