Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

HEADS UP: Maybe it's not ADHD. Maybe it's SpongeBob SquarePants!

HEADS UP: Maybe it's not ADHD. Maybe it's SpongeBob SquarePants!2011-09-12T13:53:46+00:00

The Forums Forums What is it? Inattention/Distractibility/Focus HEADS UP: Maybe it's not ADHD. Maybe it's SpongeBob SquarePants!

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Wgreen
    Participant

quizzical
    Participant

But he’s so absorbent and yellow and porous!

Actually, I find this rather intriguing, because I find a lot of cartoons way too noisy, and I wouldn’t let my kids watch them because I just didn’t want to have that going on in the background. I liked the PBS cartoons a lot better because I found them much calmer, and more calming.

I’d love to see a study like this done where the effects were measured throughout the day.

REPORT ABUSE

Bibliophile

Sponge Bob is a nonsensical repulsive show. Thankfully, my kids can’t follow it and do not like the art style. They tend to like the retro cartoons more than the newer stuff as well as the learning focused ones like Magic School Bus, Wild Kratts, Curious George, etc.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have to agree with quizzical. I work from home and when my son decides to “multi task” by playing xbox and listening to loud music in the next room, I’m the one who nearly explodes.

REPORT ABUSE

Lucky77

Spongebob is so random!

That’s why I think he is easy to get – don’t have time to be bored cause there are always wacky things going on, stimulating my brain!

And Gary, who doesn’t just love that cat/snail?

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m with you quizzical on the necessity to test kids throughout the day. A friend posted this study on facebook and I had a similar reaction. While ….excessive… television watching is harmful, especially in that population, that was not a fair study. I’m sure there would have been similar results immediately after kids playing.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)