Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Hearing Voices…Normal or No?

Hearing Voices…Normal or No?2012-06-15T03:51:33+00:00

The Forums Forums Ask The Community Hearing Voices…Normal or No?

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

I was diagnosed with ADD at the age of seven. I am now twenty-three, ADD to the max, un-medicated and hear voices. Yes, voices. Actually, most of the time I know they are just voices in my head. But sometimes the voices get really loud, at which point they start to seem real, e.g. not in my head. The voices often go against one another and comment on what I am doing. Anyway, I was just wondering if it was normal to hear voices so often with ADD or any of ADD’s associated symptoms. BTW, my brain is super hyperactive, and when the hyperactivity gets worse, the voices are stronger.

REPORT ABUSE

nellie

g.laiya

definitely should have this investigated, could be brain seizure or other disorder – sounds like it’s pretty disruptive/bothersome. it happens to me once in a while, but so infrequent it never bothered enough to look into it further. i also have experienced scent hallucinations, but again, not on a regular basis and not too bothersome.

REPORT ABUSE

Amy

I would definitely go get that checked out. I have never heard voices other than my “internal” voice (which talks quite a bit!) and I’ve never seen or read about hearing voices as a characteristic of ADHD/ADD.

REPORT ABUSE

Bill

I experienced an internal critic as a voice in my head. I checked it out with a social worker. His quick answer was, if the voice is inside your head, it’s OK. If you experience it as an external voice, it could be a sign of schizophrenia. I agree with g.laiya – if it’s bothering you, check it out with a doctor.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yikes……..no see your MD ASAP!!!!

Toofat

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Farspace

VERY interesting article…

Check out the paragraph under the heading CONTEXT

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/5346930.stm

Time to rise and shine Farscape.

The world can not start if you are not a part of it :)

Pete x

REPORT ABUSE

trashman

sometime it would be nice to have a like or agree place to click.right onToofat

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)