Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Help with Diagnosis – Sacramento CA

Help with Diagnosis – Sacramento CA2012-06-05T02:50:00+00:00

The Forums Forums What is it? How do I get diagnosed? Help with Diagnosis – Sacramento CA

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello All,

I need some help. Every test I have ever done points to me having ADD. Even the test on this site I was 9/9 and 8/9 for hyperativity/impulsive. Anyway, I have been to a couple of doctors over the years and everyone thinks I have depression and Anxiety. I have taken the medication they have prescribed and nothing helps. I just recently went to another doctor becuase I just got insurace again. After explaining all my symptoms and my thoughts on ADD they say, you likely have depression and anxiety. Even after explainig that all three of my brothers and my father were diagnosed with ADD. I was never diagnosed when I was younger because I was good at hiding it. I would do a week or two of homework in a couple hours then I was free to do what I wanted after that. Until highschool when I couldn’t fake it anymore.

Any way I need help finding a doctor that will help either diagnose me or not. The doctors I have seen all seem to believe that ADD is not real or that I have no idea what I am talking about. I just want help with this, I just had a daughter recently I don’t want her to see some of the bad habits I have and I want to be able to help her if she has this too.

Please if you can help me I don’t know where else to turn .

REPORT ABUSE

JimC.
    Participant

this might help and I hope this URL doesn’t b*gger up this post. there is help out there, find a doc or therapist you like and trust. If you’re not comfortable with the one you’re speaking with, find another. Good luck and please keep us posted. Many here will be a great support so please keep checking back of world-class advice and suggestions? Cheers, Jim

http://therapists.psychologytoday.com/rms/prof_results.php?city=Sacramento&county=Sacramento&state=CA&spec=6

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)