Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Helping students to complete their work prior to night before

Helping students to complete their work prior to night before2012-02-08T20:45:15+00:00

The Forums Forums Tools, Techniques & Treatments Motivation/Staying on Track Helping students to complete their work prior to night before

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 16 post (of 16 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Lots of great ideas here. The one thing I didn’t notice (though after a while I just skimmed the posts), was structure and routine. When my son comes home from school he has a routine which includes putting his things away (lunch bag, agenda, homework and comunication book are all removed from his backpack and put in designated areas), going to the washroom and washing up, having a snack and any homework and reading (which at 6 is like work to him). After he’s done all that it’s free-play time until dinner. Which acts as an incentive because the faster he gets done the more time he has to play.

His schedule is fairly regimented, but without it he’s completely lost. I wish I had something like that growing up.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 16 post (of 16 total)