Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Herbal Remedies

Herbal Remedies2010-12-10T13:23:18+00:00

The Forums Forums Medication Alternative Treatments Herbal Remedies

Free medication video
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

This is my first posting in here after discovering this site the other day.

I am currently in the process of being diagnosed through a clinic specializing in adult ADHD and will be exploring possible medications in our next session in January. In the interim, I’m exploring different herbal treatments that I can use either in tandem with or as alternatives to, conventional medical treatments.

What kind of experiences have you had with some of the things I’ve tried, like fish oil, grape seed extract and ginkgo biloba? Sometimes I think they work, but that could just be the placebo effect.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’d love to know if you found anything that works. Omega 3 seems to help somewhat with my son. Enough of a difference that it’s worth giving to him:)

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have tried just about every “natural” product I could obtain to get relief from stress related panic attacks. I’m not advertising for the companies I’m about to mention, but the following products have helped me and some of my friends and clients. “BACH” makes two products I have had positive results with. They are both homeopathic, which means a very small trace may help, but a large dose will not hurt. It’s best to follow the directions on the package. A client told me she weaned her child off Ritilin with Rescue Remedy Spray. I have not seen her for about 10 months, but she will be in soon, and I’m definitly going to ask if it is still working. When I found the Rescue Remedy, I also noticed they also had another product that I have been using when the need arises. It’s called “Rescue Sleep”. I have found the spray works better then the drops.

Another hpmeopathic product that I found helps a little with ADHD is “Hylands Biochemic Phosphates”. These are Tissus salts that you disolve under the tounge as directed on the package.

The final product I’ll mention today, and the best for me I might add, is made by “VAXA INTERNATIONAL”. The product’s name is “ATTEND”. Check it out on the internet for yourself. This product is also homeopathic. I “cycle” this product so its remains effective.

As always, one man’s meat can be another man’s poison. We all have the right to self medicate, but common sence is a must . Would not hurt to check with your Doctor, but don’t be surprised if they have not heard of these products, and say they are useless.

I’m going to try another “NATURAL” product my chiropractor’s wife just heard about. It seems promising, and we are both anxiously waiting it’s arrival. I could gone on with Herbals I take on occasion, but thats enough for now. Will watch the site and post more if anyone is interested.

REPORT ABUSE

munchkin

Anyone tried Tiaoshen Liquor? It’s a Chinese traditional medicine that’s supposed to be for ADHD… I wonder about it because I use Chinese medicine for other ailments.

REPORT ABUSE

EdwardQ

I have used Rhodiola for almost 10 years, I get good results

REPORT ABUSE

Lindstr7

Edward, can you please elaborate? Curious about what it is and dosages and how severe your symptoms are, if you care to share.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Rainbow, I share your experience with Rescue Remedy, I’ve been using it when necessary for many years, and it even converted my neighbor who used it at work, when before he relied on Xanax. Most recently I’ve used it in socializing a feral cat into a human home, and it works wonders, so I’m a fan of Bach remedies.

I also use Hyland’s products – their Leg Cramps with Quinine tablets are amazing; they work nearly instantly, completely alleviating pain that would wake me up from deep sleep. I keep a bottle by my bed at all times!

Thank you for your report, I’m going to look into Attend, and I would appreciate it if you are watching these posts, if you could tell us how the remedy you’re referring to at the end of your post worked out, and perhaps more info about the other products you use.

For me, I have irrefutable proof that homeopathic remedies work – my cat’s vet treated her with a combination of two remedies for a ceruminous adenocarcinoma, which gave us seven more blissful years together, something surgery would not have done.

I’ll be looking forward to hearing from you!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

We have a study on naturopathic treatments in Toronto for children b/w 6-16 with ADHD. If interested contact

homeonetcanada@gmail.com

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Has anyone tried FOCUS ADDult, i recently started using this, not sure if it is helping though, since I also have anxiety with the ADD. I was prescribed Concerta 35mg I think, which really helped but i cannot afford it, so now I am looking for cheaper alternatives. Any suggestions?

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)