Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Here's a great blog post by David Seah

Here's a great blog post by David Seah2011-08-06T01:38:43+00:00

The Forums Forums Tools, Techniques & Treatments Time Management Here's a great blog post by David Seah

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

David Seah is the guy who created the task timer/planner worksheets that I’ve been using this week, and they have been really helpful.

This blog post is really interesting reading for those of us who tend to start work late, always feel like they are running behind, and stay up late. He makes some good points – a regular sleep schedule is a good idea, getting up early and getting your work done in the morning means you have time to do all that other good stuff the rest of the day, etc.

He also talks about what he requires to get out of the house in the morning – same deal as me, he says “no computer access”.

It’s a long post, but I think it’s worth the read, to get someone else’s perspective on what works and what doesn’t, and it sounds a heckuva lot like some of the struggles I have personally. Can anyone else relate?

http://davidseah.com/blog/2011/08/daves-daily-work-process-v2/

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

this is a good blog. i only made it through half of it. maybe I’ll go back and read the other half some other time. i was going to force it, but then realized that I wouldn’t retain anything anyway due to the mental fatigue of making myself read it.

the big thing i got from it is probably to get out of the house ASAP. that is a huge problem for me. I just linger and linger..and begin to lose any momentum to do anything at all. internet first thing also a big thing.

the sleeping thing is also big..but I think i would explode and die of life boredom if I really went to bed and woke up at the same time every day. it would be the best bipolar treatment adjunct ever….but……..ermm..maybe some other time in my life… it is a day by day struggling to get off the internet or to go back home from hanging out with people to make it to bed before 12am (work nights)- 4am (non work mornings). I can count the times I have gone to bed before 11pm on probably one hand for 2011.

i do always feel crappy when I wake up after 11am. 9-10am seems to make me the most cheerful. before 9am is anger. I would hate to go to bed by 10pm every day. but I think i would feel better if I would manage 1am on non-work mornings and 11pm on work mornings…. the 4am/ 12:30 am thing..is fail.

i forget what else i learned. lol

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I tried to read the blog post late last night and my husband was bugging me to stop and get off the computer to go to bed. So I actually printed it off and took it to bed and underlined and circled and did what I usually do when I need to highlight certain things I read. I fell asleep before I finished it, but I completed it this morning.

I’m on the internet this morning but hey, it’s Saturday! I do have work to do, and I’m going to get to it, but I’m going to have a high protein breakfast like David suggested.

I actually DID wake up 8 hours after I went to bed (no waking up during the night) – one of my former meditation teachers said he could learn to wake up at a certain hour without an alarm clock by forming the intention before he went to bed the night before. I had another friend who also experimented with this. Apart from any other issues (sleep apnea, etc), it is possible to do this, when I’m able to do this, I generally find myself waking up about 1 minute before the alarm goes off. So I am going to start practicing good sleep hygiene again, get to bed at the same hour every night and get up at the same hour in the morning, even on weekends. I may totally fall flat on my face, but I’m going to try it! (BTW, Monday mornings we have to get up earlier anyway to travel, so it helps if I’ve done the early waking through the weekend before so I’m not asleep at the wheel).

Sugargremlin, aren’t you a nurse? I have some nurse friends and I think they have the worst sleep issues from doing shifts.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)