Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Hi, I'm new here!

Hi, I'm new here!2010-12-11T03:31:43+00:00

The Forums Forums Medication Hi, I'm new here!

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m a new member here and was just wondering if anybody else has noticed that their health insurance companies won’t pick up the cost of adderall prescriptions? of course this was before Obama took office, I’ve had no meds for my inattentive-type ADD since 2006 if I remember correctly. I started working retail after high school and some college, but the stress of it all had become too much and most of the money I had earned went towards meds and doctors ($100 a month for generic adderall at wal-mart and $170 a month for health insurance that wouldn’t pick up any of my meds, so I never bought it – the doctor was another $100 a month). I’ve had to resort to caffeine tabs or lots of coffee. I’m 27 and struggling. I’m trying to become an ASE automotive technician and be a contributing member of society. Its nice to have a place to talk with other people who have to deal and live with ADD.

REPORT ABUSE

billd

Auto mechanics is great for ADD! Solving problems, fixing things, working with your hands. Been there, still deep into cars, just not for a living any more. It used to be my life. The neat thing is, you are working on something different every day, sometimes every hour. The longest you’d be on a given thing is in an overhaul or a complete repaint. (or like me currently, an engine swap, rewiring and totally gutting and re-doing the interior. It’s taking me MONTHS. Oh, well, my other car has taken 5 years so far and it’s still not done.)

I guess I might find out about meds and insurance. OTOH, I can have pretax dollars taken out of my check to cover things that insurance won’t. It sure came in handy when I tore my bicep tendon off this fall.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Down_South I too am a new member… my health insurance didn’t cover generic Adderall XR without “prior authorization.” It might be worth a shot to get your doctor to file for prior authorization and see what happens. In my case, my doctor needs to refile after a year. Good luck on your endevours.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)