Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Hi

Hi2010-09-30T18:47:11+00:00
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

I just literally joined this forum, I was diagnosed with anxiety/depression. Meanwhile I had all the symptoms of the combined adhd and always wondered why my meds didnt work. I also have attention issues, relationship issues, lots of hyperactivity, I can zone out quite easily and get distracted …well you know how that goes..lol. In the past I have also have had(have) addiction issues, bankruptcy and something else as I just freaking forgot…oops. But until I saw the Add and loving it documentary I thought there was no light at the end of the tunnel as no meds work…currently I got put on seroquel and zoloft and its fun feeling tired and stuff all the time ..not. I am just glad that I can start with a new life change …this has made such a difference for me already. I can’t wait to begin this journey with hope and knowing that I am not a freak. I look forward to any type of input ….thanks look forward to meeting you all.!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Welcome. I am also new to this site and am very appriciative for all of the information

here. Our diagnosis’ are very similar. If I could offer you some advise. Make sure that

you stay strictly to the meds you are given. It is a bit funny that Drs. expect those

us with ADHD to be able to do anything on a regular schedule. LOL.

I have turned to my Blackberry alarm system to help me out. I set the reminder alarm

for just about everything I need to do. Take meds., make appts., make calls, feed the

animals, Hell. I even have to set alarms when I am cooking. LOL.

BUT, we are not freaks. We just have a little more to deal with. :D

Anyway, nice to “meet” you. I hope that you stay well.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well met Scattered. That’s prolly for scatter brained huh? we’ve all had a touch of that or been called that from time to time :)

Know what. There is a light. I recommend talking to your doctor about being tested for ADHD. Once there get on the right meds but! don’t drop the anti anxiety pills and such yet. You’ll be able to cut back on them (with your Doc’s guidance) but just don’t jump the gun. You’ll start feeling great but you’ll have plenty of time to take care of the other meds once you start to get on the right track. I know I was there. I started feeling great but when I got off my meds, well cymbalta I started having temper and anxiety issues.

One day at a time and don’t look back!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yeah so i just found out some days ago that i have adhd like some ppl think its a bad thing cuz you cant do manythings right but like me i can do onething right at all like it sucks becsuse after i found out i had it, i can notice it alot moer and it sucks cuz im not me, well im me but like not the person that everyone wants me to be like i know alot of ppl that have it but my friends dont know what its like not to be abel to sit still for a long time or talking loud and just doing everything thats not normol im like 20 and i act like im 5 my famely still loves me for me but know one really gets what i go threw everyday!!!! can anyone help me threw this!!!!!!!!!!!! I NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

MCR4Life, Just talk to you doctor and let him/her figure out you medication and then stick with it. ADHD isn’t a bad thing. It takes a bit to get it under control but when you do, ALL will be better.

Seriously, relax. Now that you know, it only gets better from here. Don’t stress over it.

Just live every day, l laugh every chance you get and love always.

Check out everything on this site and use what you can.

Take care

Ty

REPORT ABUSE

trashman

hi, It took me till I was 47 to find out I am the youngest of nine most of my siblings have adhd to a point , I would say 7 out of nine . I am staring to think Iam lucky admiting things are not normal was the first step. looking at the rest of us and being the youngest and the first one to be working on climing this huge hill and knowing they to will have to start at the bottom just like ME . they are all very proud, and will have a hard time admitting things are not right. My dad had adhd and never knew. My mother lived with him and his ups and down,s for 54 years before she died . talk about true love.I have brother his son at the age of 8 the school wanted to put him on ridalin his parents just got angry with the school, the poor kid is his worsed problem. the sad thing is they keep telling him it is time to grow up, and he does”t get that there a problem so I will slowly try get them to this site. Sorry for getting off track . my point is it does not matter at what age you start your adventure called adhd at least you start. some of my family have not started yet and the oldest is now 60. some how I hope i can help them all. I think your well on your way to making all the changes you will learn you will want to make. hope this helps.PS when you find the right meds big start.

REPORT ABUSE

Monika

Hi Scattered!

Welcome to the family! I enjoy looking at everyone’s clever “nicknames” here and you have a great one.

TotallyADD recommends life strategies always and medicine (if needed).

My personal recommendation is, if you cannot afford the services of a life coach, check out these free websites for tips on organization and planning;

http://www.flylady.net has (self) “control journals” that help you plan daily routines, weekly routines, monthly routines, money management (the Financial Awareness Continually Empowers – FACE journal).

They even have a holiday control journal to help plan for the holidays so we are;

1. Not searching for the Christmas presents we put in a “safe” place,

2. Not wrapping gifts at 2am on the morning of the 25th,

3. Not buying a gift for nephew Jonathan or Aunt Agatha at Walgreens on the way to Christmas dinner

4. Not maxing out our credit cards with the resulting “sticker shock” in January.

http://www.behaviordoctor.org Dr. Riffel (a positive behavior support educator) has some http://www.blogtalkradio.com shows two about ADD with lists of great rewards. While this is geared more to children, I believe it still has value in understanding that with the proper motivation we can be successful.

Finally, Rick and Dr. J also recommend exercise to aid in focusing, and I agree. There’s a reason we have the phrase “Taking a walk to clear my head.” It really works.

Best wishes on your journey,

M

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)