Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

High Speed Multi Page Scanner Changed my life!

High Speed Multi Page Scanner Changed my life!2011-03-04T01:02:38+00:00

The Forums Forums Tools, Techniques & Treatments Organizing & De-Cluttering High Speed Multi Page Scanner Changed my life!

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

BAM123
    Participant

I bought a high speed scanner and it totally revoltionalized my brain and how I do things. I am in a very paper intensive line of work and have a very non linear brain. Not to mention the kids, records, schedules, taxes etc.

Now every scrap of paper i have gets scanned in, filed in an electronic filing cabinet – Example: Cabinet “Personal” – the files “Electric Bill” etc…. same for business. It really is amazing and what is liberating is after I am done scanning the paper I look at it and I know I don’t need it anymore so I SHRED IT and back it up.

My universe is at my finger tips. Before I was a total organizational mess and now – my office, my files and my life have become far more managable, productive, effecient, profitable and hopeful. If you have a hard time organizing things, keeping track an following up – check it out. Scan it, drag and drop it and shred it. Oh by the way you can search any document you scan by typing a couple of key words and it pops up automatically.

This is the ADD’ers best friend for organization and overwelm amazing. What will you/I do with all that wasted time the we will recover?

REPORT ABUSE

jpsimard

I’m cool with digital filing, but I’ve also had a few harddrives die and leave me without my data!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

BAM, can I ask which scanner you use?

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I wanted to find out what scanner you got as well.

I remember hearing about something about one on the radio, can’t remember the name, but it sounded like a great idea. Something like desktop. Desk something or something Desk, I think.

Know anything about that one?

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Digital scanning is very helpful. I’m getting used to it, and I love it. I couple it with daily planner alarms for remembering when bills have to get paid. Because hardware failure is always possible, I suggest using an automated back-up system (like the one that comes with Windows 7, or something alike). A faster scanner would be nice though…

REPORT ABUSE

wadaduga

I have another tip for digital filing. When I need to print out a receipt or an article from online I use Primo pdf Converter (it’s free) to print to a .pdf file instead of creating more paper for myself to put into a filing cabinet. Believe me, this has saved my bacon a couple of times when I needed to lay my hands on a receipt or other documents! Be sure to always choose the Print Friendly version, too. It cuts out all of the visual clutter from the ads and such.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

what a great idea! My papers and receipts are 1/3 of the junk that clutters my room/life. I will get one of these tomorrow, thanks for the tip!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

BAM 123, what was your scanner called and where can I get one? I think something like that could change my life seriously!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

i think what she is talking about is found at http://www.neat.com

“Tame Your Paper Monster

The Neat® Company creates integrated software and scanning solutions that help you tame your paper monster. Transform receipts, business cards and documents into organized digital files that are easy to use, easy to find and easy to share. Think of it as a digital filing cabinet—a place to track and manage all your information—except without the paper, or the filing cabinet.”

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)